Frequent Contributor
<blockquote><hr /><li-user login="Mama Deb" uid="35576"></li-user>&nbsp;wrote:<br />
<p><li-user login="4birds" uid="24644"></li-user>&nbsp;I'm sorry I couldn't understand your reply.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<hr /></blockquote>
<p>Sorry, not sure what happened but I was saying the oil is on sale on HSN.</p>
Super Contributor

The TSV coming up on the 15th, will be 8 bars of soap, various scents.  There was a post from Josh and Brent on their FB page that says this:

"this weekend on QVC is an 8 bar set of soap so that new Neighbors can try all the scents they've been wanting to sample"

Valued Contributor

New fragrance I see, Spring Blossom. I think the packaging is pretty in its simplicity, but their packaging usually is so much more detailed. Wish the Honeyed Grapefruit wasn't  in the set, but I like all the others.

Valued Contributor
Beekman is having a Today’s Special over at HSN in March, which is the month that they had their seasonal Bounty Box debut with Morning Glory. I bet the boys have a Bounty Box in Spring Blossom in about a month.
Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@homedecor1   I would try a clarisonic.  The first time I used it I couldn't believe how clean my face felt.

I think the prices have dropped on these since I purchased mine, but it's probably still less then one session at a dermatologists office. 

@CAcableGirl2 

Funny you mentioned as I do use my clarisonic (for many years!).

I agree with derm :  prior to Beekman I was using Philosphy and my skin was a total mess!  Then switched to Beekman with what I thought were good results...until 3-4 months ago I started getting these "millia" which are on my cheek areas and forehead🙄

And of course, as makeup I used IT.  Much too "heavy" for my skin type which is probably another factor🤷‍♀️.  I changed to PUR for foundation & blush  (I don't use much makeup).

I will certainly be more conciencious about my skincare regime for sure! 

@homedecor1 

i noticed that you use a clarisonic.
i don't know what brush head you use.

while i don't get any breakouts, a few times a week, i use my clarisonic with the deep pore brush head (it's blue in the middle) with the beekman lump of kohl bar soap (it's a detox charcoal bar) to really make sure that my pores are clean and to remove more bacteria, then a regular cleanser does. that combo (of brush head and cleanser) does the trick for me.

the other times, i use the clarisonic with the 'original' radiance brush head. i received the new version of the radiance  brush head from clarisonic  to test, a while ago. let's just say, i hated it! it has way less bristles and it did not get my face clean, which is sad, as i don't wear makeup. just happy that i didn't spend my money on it, to try it.

i haven't used the beekman charcoal face bar, so i can't say whether or not it is as effective as their lump of kohl detox body bar. i didn't see the point of buying the charcoal face bar, as the other one can also be used on your face. (especially since i had 3 of the lump of kohl bars, just waiting to be used - LOL)

i do use a separate bar of the lump of kohl, just for my face. maybe try the lump of kohl as your detox face bar. if it doesn't work better for you, you can use it on your body. on hsn, the 4 pack is often on sale for something like $40, with FREE shipping. you can also buy just one bar to try it.

i agree with what another poster said, about exfoliating. i use josie's scrub on my face. i have tried other brands of scrubs, and even though i didn't get the scrub in my eyes, i felt a strange sensation. and i'm not sensitive to anything! sorry that i can't explain it any better then that.

ps. it isn't against the law to use the clarisonic for more than 2 minutes or more than twice a day, a few times a week. <smile>

Honored Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@homedecor1   I would try a clarisonic.  The first time I used it I couldn't believe how clean my face felt.

I think the prices have dropped on these since I purchased mine, but it's probably still less then one session at a dermatologists office. 

@CAcableGirl2 

Funny you mentioned as I do use my clarisonic (for many years!).

I agree with derm :  prior to Beekman I was using Philosphy and my skin was a total mess!  Then switched to Beekman with what I thought were good results...until 3-4 months ago I started getting these "millia" which are on my cheek areas and forehead🙄

And of course, as makeup I used IT.  Much too "heavy" for my skin type which is probably another factor🤷‍♀️.  I changed to PUR for foundation & blush  (I don't use much makeup).

I will certainly be more conciencious about my skincare regime for sure! 

@homedecor1 

i noticed that you use a clarisonic.
i don't know what brush head you use.

while i don't get any breakouts, a few times a week, i use my clarisonic with the deep pore brush head (it's blue in the middle) with the beekman lump of kohl bar soap (it's a detox charcoal bar) to really make sure that my pores are clean and to remove more bacteria, then a regular cleanser does. that combo (of brush head and cleanser) does the trick for me.

the other times, i use the clarisonic with the 'original' radiance brush head. i received the new version of the radiance  brush head from clarisonic  to test, a while ago. let's just say, i hated it! it has way less bristles and it did not get my face clean, which is sad, as i don't wear makeup. just happy that i didn't spend my money on it, to try it.

i haven't used the beekman charcoal face bar, so i can't say whether or not it is as effective as their lump of kohl detox body bar. i didn't see the point of buying the charcoal face bar, as the other one can also be used on your face. (especially since i had 3 of the lump of kohl bars, just waiting to be used - LOL)

i do use a separate bar of the lump of kohl, just for my face. maybe try the lump of kohl as your detox face bar. if it doesn't work better for you, you can use it on your body. on hsn, the 4 pack is often on sale for something like $40, with FREE shipping. you can also buy just one bar to try it.

i agree with what another poster said, about exfoliating. i use josie's scrub on my face. i have tried other brands of scrubs, and even though i didn't get the scrub in my eyes, i felt a strange sensation. and i'm not sensitive to anything! sorry that i can't explain it any better then that.

ps. it isn't against the law to use the clarisonic for more than 2 minutes or more than twice a day, a few times a week. <smile>

@iwrite 

My clarisonic is about 9 months old & came with 3 brush heads.  I don't think it is specific type of scrub.

I absolutely swear by Beekman products -- when I posted my skin was a mess....now, on the mend!

Stopped using IT CC foundation & switched to "Pur" moisturizer /foundation combo.  Much lighter for my skin.

Every night -- using Beekman Triple Milk Bar system w/kohl scrub every other day.  I also am using the "light as air" night creme & eye cream.

(Previously was using IT products ☹️).

My skin is slowly getting better!  I am convinced my pores were clogged because of not exolifating or getting a good cleanse, and too heavy makeup.

Thanks for your input!

homedecor1

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 

sorry, that i wasn't clear enough.
i was asking the name of the brush head that you are using with your clarisonic?

i said that i found that the deep pore brush head worked best for me to clean out my pores, and i have a few different clarisonic brush heads.

my thought behind this was that maybe the brush head that you are using isn't strong (for lack of a better word) enough to clean out the pores. i know that the bristles on the radiance brush head are not strong enough to keep pores clean.

i didn't mean to indicate that a scrub was causing the problem. i just know that some scrubs are much harder on the skin then they are advertised to be. those pesky chemicals <smile>

as someone that has never worn makeup, this sentence is completely foreign to me <smile> "Stopped using IT CC foundation & switched to "Pur" moisturizer /foundation combo. Much lighter for my skin."

i'm just happy that you were brave enough to let the makeup go, to have better skin. i know some women that would NEVER EVER do what you have done. so i applaud you! they would rather have bad skin that they HAVE to cover up. i don't see the logic behind that, but this is out of my lane.

before i threatened bodily harm to some of my friends back in the day, if they didn't buy a clarisonic, i purposely use to get on their nerves by asking them, how were they getting all that gunk (aka makeup) off their face that they had been using since the 80's, 'cause some of it was still on their face in the 2008. finally, after a few years, they gave in and bought one, just to get me to be quiet.

Honored Contributor

@iwrite 

Thank you! I knew you were referring to the "heads" for clarisonic. Mine are 3 of the same.  I have seen a difference using it vs. just washcloth.

I use very little makeup too!  Since I'm tan most the time I only use foundation to "even out" my complexion & light blush.

the smartest advice & free was here from you & others who gave me good advice to good skin care.  I've never been picky about products for skincare prior to this breakout.  Since I have gotten older I realize it is my "priority".

The beauty industry (makeup lines) would lose $$ cuz I think the last time I bought a eyeshadow or mascara was 5 years ago😉.  But I love my MAC lipstick and PUR blush.

homedecor1