Trusted Contributor

Can anyone describe the "ylang ylang and tuberose" scent?  I'm concerned it may be too heavy or floral.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I still has some Beekman soap left plus the body butter in the jar that I really like. I have only ordered from them once since they left Evine.

Since than I have ordered from Goat Milk Stuff which I really like.

I'm going to place another order with them for some more soap, liquid hand soap, lip balm & lotion. I'm waiting to see if they have any Black Friday specials.

If I run out of soap there's a place in town that sells homemade goat milk soap plus a lot of other goodies.

I just looked up GMS web site. They sure are pretty bars. The texture  looks kind of rough . Are they? 

@BdBettyB 

No they are not rough. The rough ones would be the Luffa soaps but they remove the dead skin.

I did not think I would like the shape but it's easier to hold on to. I like their Calendula & Chamomile Olive oil soaps. They are not triple milled so are a softer bar of soap. I don't leave it in the shower for water to waste it away.

Great info. Thank you. Can you tell how long does a bar last for you? I'm tempted to try. 

@BdBettyB 

GMS soaps lasted me 3 weeks per bar. Beekman soaps last me a month per bar.

Valued Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

Can anyone describe the "ylang ylang and tuberose" scent?  I'm concerned it may be too heavy or floral.  Thanks!

I've tried several different scents but haven't tried this one yet.  I'm curious too what it smells like.

Contributor

I really like the Beekman soaps.  The large bars last my husband and I least 2 months each. They are triple milled, which is why they last so long.  The body cream is excellent.  Not greasy. Some scents are pretty strong, though so if you are sensitive to scents buy the unscented.  The vanilla body cream isn't too strong. I love the lip balms and stocked up - the box of 10 is a great deal.  I really like the wipes, too.  Great for my teens who don't like washing their faces.  The hand cream is ok, but I prefer L'Occitane's hand cream.  

The TSV is a great deal.  I wish the soaps were a different scent than Ylang Ylang and Tuberose, as it's not one of my favorites.The oat soap is very good, though.

Happy Holidays!

Honored Contributor

Like their products. Especially great on my dry winter skin. DH likes the unscented products.

Trusted Contributor

Great products.  Wonderful customer service.  I didn't order the TSV, but I did select the Aloe & Iris body cream and the set of four sparkly soaps (which I had missed out on when offered on HSN).  

Respected Contributor

Love the soap, hand lotion and lip balm okay but nothing special.  I had not used bar soap in the shower in years (I am a Philosophy girl), but Beekman soap was recommended to me, I tried it and love it.  It lathers so nice and leaves my skin so soft.  Highly recommend the soap, either size bar.  The large lasts over a month for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Penelope59 

I'll bet your goats are adorable.  How did you come to have them?

Would you consider posting pictures?

Valued Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

@mnmom wrote:

I've tried several different scents but haven't tried this one yet.  I'm curious too what it smells like.

I received the TSV from HSN a couple days ago.

First, let me say that I like Ylang Ylang normally. However the YY&T scent seems to be a strongly scented rose, I'm not thrilled with it, but I will keep and use the items. 

Respected Contributor

I find all the Beekman soaps to be very lightly scented.... including the YY.  The scents on the soaps don't linger on the body.... you wash them off.   So I don't think you should be too concerned about trying the YY in a soap bar.

The body and hand cream scents linger longer,  but the Vanilla is a soft scent in a body cream.    I love the body creams and hand creams.  I find the scents in the hand creams to be the strongest.... but I love the grapefruit that is part of the TSV.

I'm trying not to buy the TSV,  but I'm losing the battle.   I have quite a large collection of Beekman (and Perlier,  my other favorite bath and body line).   But this TSV has such great products,  I'll use them all, and I love the scents in the collection.   The unscented is also a great option,  but I have a lot of that too!