Trusted Contributor

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020

Thank you @DJs mom!

Respected Contributor

@LIndaMJ you're welcome

Frequent Contributor

Can someone tell me why this brand of soap is so expensive?  At the TSV price, it comes up to $8 for a bar of soap.  Is it worth it?

Respected Contributor

I have used the soap and like it.  It does seem expensive compared to supermarket or pharmacy soap brands.  The Beekman soap (and soap in many other lines) is "French milled" or also called "Triple milled."  It does make a difference.  The soap bars last MUCH longer than typical brands, and the soap does not get soft and sloppy in the soap dish. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Beekman soap. I finished up a bar and decided to use the last of my store bought soap. I found I had to keep re-lathering my wash cloth, while with Beekman soap, one lather up takes care of my whole body. This plus the triple milling makes it last a long time, two months for me. Definitely worth it.

Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I use Beekman soap. I finished up a bar and decided to use the last of my store bought soap. I found I had to keep re-lathering my wash cloth, while with Beekman soap, one lather up takes care of my whole body. This plus the triple milling makes it last a long time, two months for me. Definitely worth it.

@LisaMofSLC I have found the same to be true with me also. I just have to lather my washcloth once with Beekman and I can wash my whole body. I also love the 9oz bars. One bar lasts me a long time. I continue to buy Dove for my 11 year old son but I only use Beekman soap for myself.

Super Contributor

@Angie168 wrote:

Can someone tell me why this brand of soap is so expensive?  At the TSV price, it comes up to $8 for a bar of soap.  Is it worth it?

To me, no, it isn't worth it. I love good soap and have had two issues with the Beekman I bought ... the scented ones were all way too strong and the bars didn't last even normal amounts of time despite all of the posts and reviews. I am the only person using the soap and the bars lasted maybe a month using once in the morning. Also, didn't find the lotions or the lip balms moisturizing at all, and those scents all bothered me, too. Again, just my experience and obviously there are a lot of devotees, but I'll stick with other brands.

Valued Contributor

These types of kits are great. You can try various scents to see if you end up with favourites, and just gift away any that perhaps you don't like. 

Trusted Contributor

I like them very much - their products are wonderful - but I agree:  ENOUGH!  The oversaturation causes me to stand back and say "not this time."  

Valued Contributor

@Angie168 wrote:

I've been using it for a few months and I like it. As to whether it's worth it, it's relative. Compared to supermarket brands, probably not. These are triple-milled soaps and I find that the price is comparable for triple-milled soaps. I've only tried two of the scents and didn't have any issues.