Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020

I don’t understand fussing about the price of something that is offered in numerous price points. You can get a 3 pack of Ivory bars for 99 cents. Nordstrom sells Diptyque soap for $34 a bar. There are hundreds of choices in between. It would seem there’s soap available for every budget.

I like Beekmans. I feel like it’s a good value for how much I get and how much I enjoy using it.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is actually a very good deal since these bars are huge. I love the Beekman soaps and they do last forever and make your skin feel amazing.  More importantly, I'm absolutely thrilled the Beekman Boys are making their products in United States.  I have no problem paying for good quality items and especially beauty products made in the USA (which not many are).  I think we all need to be more vigilent about where certain goods especially certain foods, medicines and makeup/skincare we get and where they come from.  The other day I asked the pharmacist  to please tell me where my drops were coming from. and was happy (and surprised) they were made here in the US.  I hope the Boys conintue their great work here and will be a loyal customer.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think their products are great and their soaps last forever. And those Goats are so adorable and definitely worth the price of admission
Honored Contributor

Excellent price for HUGE bars. 

9 oz is way-way larger than a standard 'large' 4oz (I believe) bar.

It's almost like saying that it's almost double the amount of product of standard approx 4oz bars.  

'Anyway', good price for a Made in USA product. 

Enjoy the scents, too!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty tired of seeing the Beekman Boys constantly.  I tried a bar of their so called goat milk soap and it contains more fragrance in it than actual goat milk.  Set my skin on fire.  Bad stuff.  

Super Contributor

@Teddixat I just heard them mention that if you want to cut a bar in half, it cuts much easier if you put it in the microwave for 5 seconds first.  

Frequent Contributor

In my humble opinion it's not worth it at all.  I have one bar that I received as part of a Beaty box.  There is more fragrance in the bar of soap than actual goat milk!   It set my skin on fire.

Honored Contributor

@scrapperlisa wrote:

@Teddixat I just heard them mention that if you want to cut a bar in half, it cuts much easier if you put it in the microwave for 5 seconds first.  

@scrapperlisa  Thanks for the info. I will let my friend know as she recently purchased it.

Super Contributor

@Teddixat Nvm, I was reading the thread backwards and thought you were having trouble with cutting the bars, then I saw your post where you mentioned the same tip, lol.

I just bought the TSV.  But I kinda wish I could get it all unscented.  Not a big fan of scented products.  But I will give this a try.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  Yes we both do remember.....that’s what makes this China “stuff” so sad.

My son in law’s brother and family lived in Hong Kong for over 5 years.  My daughter and family visited them frequently.  This was probably 3 years ago.  Now they live in Silicon Valley ( another time...another story).

My daughter said no one in Hong Kong will wear anything made in China.  They all say it’s throw away junk.

But here in the US that all we have.  Every single thing ... every thing is made in China, read the labels.

Even about 90% of our medicine is made in China!

How in the heck did that happen?!?! 😬