Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman Happy Place Liquid Detergent at HSN

[ Edited ]

@kristina1 wrote:

Can you tell us why.......I may want to cancel my order!

@kristina1   I can't remember the situation or the exact quote, but a couple years ago, or so, Josh made a comment on Facebook about fat middle aged ladies buying their stuff.  I spent the majority of my adult life as a fat lady.  I decided, with that attitude The Boys don't deserve my money.  There are plenty of other options out there.  

Nellie's detergent works well for me and the tub lasts forever. 

Super Contributor

I also ordered the liquid detergent.  It is new so I have not used it.  I bought it because I thought it would be easier to use.  Saying that, if I don't like the liquid I will return to buying the powder.  I have used their laundry products for several years and find their products to perform as advertised.  I especially like the laundry whitening powder.  It does wonders on my white towels.  I got rid of my Tide and don't miss it.  I also use the shampoo and it makes my color treated hair more fluffy and not weighted down.  Laundry detergent, like hair spray, like mascara, like nail polish, we all have our favorites. Beekman happens to be mine right now.

Valued Contributor

I bought  a large tub of Nellie's washing powder from HSN. Since I hardly do laundry size washes, it will last me for several years. I've used Beekman's powder and wanted to try the liquid, but don't need it and already have more than enough EZ pays I have to take care of. waiting to see what buyers think of this new product.

Honored Contributor

@kristina1 wrote:

There was not a Beekman Facebook post about fat middle age women. That's not truthful 

BUT, there was some hoopla here several years ago when Beekman Facebook comments were posted related to politics. And some here that were not in agreement with the political 'alignment' used that as a reason to not shop Beekman. The related thread was removed because it violated Community Standards. And life goes on...

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Tshirtgal wrote:

I also ordered the liquid detergent.  It is new so I have not used it.  I bought it because I thought it would be easier to use.  Saying that, if I don't like the liquid I will return to buying the powder.  I have used their laundry products for several years and find their products to perform as advertised.  I especially like the laundry whitening powder.  It does wonders on my white towels.  I got rid of my Tide and don't miss it.  I also use the shampoo and it makes my color treated hair more fluffy and not weighted down.  Laundry detergent, like hair spray, like mascara, like nail polish, we all have our favorites. Beekman happens to be mine right now.

@Tshirtgal - I too like a number of products from this brand, including the laundry powder soap. I'm interested in reviews of the liquid laundry - let us know @Tshirtgal 

Is the whitening powder similar to Oxyclean?

Another 'laundry' product that I use and recommend is the Wash machine cleaner in the spray bottle. 

Haven't tried the shampoo/conditioner, but I use the hair mask + a variety of the body and skin care products.!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@kristina1 wrote:

There was not a Beekman Facebook post about fat middle age women. That's not truthful 

BUT, there was some hoopla here several years ago when Beekman Facebook comments were posted related to politics. And some here that were not in agreement with the political 'alignment' used that as a reason to not shop Beekman. The related thread was removed because it violated Community Standards. And life goes on...

I don't know a thing about their political alignments.  Don't accuse me of being untruthful,  Yes, the thread was removed, but there was a discussion in this forum about it.  It may have involved politics and trailed off into other areas or vice versa.  You can believe I'm mistaken but calling me untruthful just exposes your malicious intent to discredit me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch I don't believe for one minute you've ever been untruthful.  It's awful when some have a relentless agenda.  It makes for an uncomfortable place to come here.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered it and ordered a gallon pump from amazon. If I had to lift that gallon to pour out a capful, I'm pretty sure I'd spill a lot.

I'm happy with their powder laundry soap, so I thought I'd give this a try.

Trusted Contributor

I've never tried Beekman's.  I'd rather support small goat farms for products.  I do use Nellie's.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I don't like their detergent but as far as the comment about not using that much unless you're a family of 4, I had to laugh at that.  I work full time and also work out every day.  I do laundy every day - sometimes 2 loads - so I would go through that very quickly.  

Well, I work full time and work out nearly every day and still can't imagine doing that much laundry!!  How can you possibly do 1-2 loads every day??

@sueinsf, Two showers a day, work clothes every day, gym clothes every day, dish towels -- how is that so hard to understand?