Honored Contributor

I am on the fence about buying this....I have a drawerful of curling irons I never use as they just dry out my long fine hair....and this TS curler might be easier  to get the curly look.  Should I try It?

I have long hair(6 inches past shoulder) and would buy the 3/4 inch barrel to get more curl.

Input?

Trusted Contributor

I bought the beachwaver a couple of years ago.  I like it, but don't use it that much, as I tend to wear my hair straighter most of the time.  I have hair about your length.

I have to say that I never had any luck with getting a nice look with any other curling iron until I tried the Beachwaver.  I found them all difficult to use, and worse than that, the curls never really lasted beyond an hour or two...who knows what I was doing wrong.

The thing I liked about the Beachwaver was that those curls are LOCKED in, I don't know what the difference is.  Even the next day, after the curls have fully relaxed, my hair keeps a waved, fuller, kind of fluffy look that is nice.

I would recommend that you give it a try.  As they say, you can always send it back if

you hate it.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47  ThankYOU for your post.  🙂👍I went ahead and ordered the one inch.  

I think it will make curling my hair easier than using my manual curler and twisting it to get the curl. Like you said....I have through January 2019 to return it...and I will know RIGHT AWAY if it is ALL THAT or if it makes no difference. 

Honored Contributor

I have slightly longer than chin length hair that is layered.  I guess I'd call it a layered bob.

I use my flat iron to put waves in my hair.  In fact I did it this morning.  I just have to use my flat iron that has rounded edges and not the straight edge.  I have no issue getting the waves into my hair or keeping them in all day long and my hair is thin, fine and poker straight.

I personally see no use for this product for myself. 

Trusted Contributor

I also am on the fence.  My daughters have long hair and use the wand to curl.

I am wondering if I should get it as a combined gift and hoping they will love it and make it easier on them ?????? Just cant decide. 

Respected Contributor

I kind of want this also.  But I did a trial with my regular 3/4" and actually if worked just fine, I am not understanding though how it will hold the curl until you wash your hair, that would be a deal breaker for me because with my regular curling iron only seems to have the curl for that 1 particular day.

I have a 3/4", 1", and 1 1/2 " curling iron at home and 2 flat irons, and the Calista curling brush, so trying to tell myself I don't need it.

Honored Contributor

I bought the very first model the Q offered years ago and it was almost twice the cost of the TSV. But it was also longer and had a slightly different button configuration. I found it to be somewhat cumbersome and heavy to hold. The thing doesn't work any more...something happened to the temp control where it keeps going up and up to the point of burning my hair. So I am hesitant to buy another.

Trusted Contributor

From watching the presentations I feel as this gives more of a wave and not necessarily a curl.  I can only say that if I liked the looks the models are getting, I would try it.  You can always send it back if it does not give you the look you want.  It does not bother me to return something I'm not happy with it so you have to take that into consideration also. 

Respected Contributor

This looks like a great model for an iron that gives those beachy curls/waves.  My concern is that it appears you have to use just a small section for each individual curl and, even with my very thin fine hair, it seems it would take forever to do my entire head.  Is it best to do every piece of hair, or can you get away with just doing the top layer and letting the hair underneath go?

Honored Contributor

I bought the middle size one off of Amazon and like it very much for beach waves but I ordered the 1 and 1/4” inches from qvc since I think it will do better with my bra strap length hair. I paid $130 for the one I already have 3 years ago.