Valued Contributor

geezerette, thank you for the info. I looked at the choices again and I am considering alabaster, leopard, and brushed feather/purple since my living room has teal and purple accent colors. But I am considering using the throw in my bedroom instead.... I just got those other 2 throws for $30, one of which is teal and is perfect for my living room. Decisions, decisions....

Esteemed Contributor

I just posted on another DB thread...I have bought 10 of his throws...over the years...they are still as beautiful today as when I first received them...they launder wonderfully....mine get dragged around...stepped on...all things kids might do....and not a thing wrong with them...still soft and lovely...

Valued Contributor

Thanks, circles, that's great to know! I decided to get the alabaster one since it's so unique and I prefer a lighter color. I already have too many browns.

Honored Contributor

I have one of his first throws, gorgeous but incredibly heavy even for our Wyoming Winters so I'm taking a leap of faith and ordering one for DH (in blue to go with his new blue recliner) and one for me (in the Pony, I have saddle brown leather chair and sofa) .... so I'm hoping they will be the same quality. I love the little bears, but frankly could do without them, I'm not a stuffed animal person and have no one give them to...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

The bears are cute decorative items. I am not a stuffed animal person anymore, since I am not a kid....but I LOVE the bears! Smiley Happy They are just so nice to look at!

Super Contributor

I have a BD throw from a few years ago (maybe 2) that I just love. It came with a 16 x 16 pillow. I got it in the color Ivory Lynx and it is just as gorgeous now as it was when I received it. It has laundered beautifully (I just wish the pillow was machine washable also Note: the pillows offered today are machine washable so that is an improvement). Anyway, I also ordered his throw from last holiday but unfortunately I returned it because there was something in the stitching around the border that was really uncomfortable and would poke you. I thought maybe the thread that was used was closer to fishing wire than a typical sewing thread. I did order 2 again this year, alabaster and brushed feathers, the border around this tsv is similar to my Ivory Lynx throw I hope it doesn't have the issue of the poky (sp) threads. I'm not much of a teddy bear fan so I do not know what I'm going to do with them. I sort wish that instead of the bear Dennis could have made the throw longer (I noticed that this tsv is shorter than my Ivory Lynx throw by 3 inches...I would have preferred the extra length instead of the bear. BTW, I pre-ordered the alabaster via the email link but when I saw the brushed feather on air last night I had to get it because it was so unique. I'm thinking of doing the spare bedroom in gray and purple so it will be a good addition to the setting.

Honored Contributor

howwhatwhen: You'll be relieved to know that this throw does NOT have that scratchy thread. I know what you're talking about--many products use that fishing-line type thread and it does hold up well, but it scratches to no end! This is just normal garment thread.

I didn't really need or want the bears either, but I have to admit, they're so cute and well made (and soft!) that I kept them for myself anyway! I used to be a stuffed animal person, but over the years have preferred to keep more of a minimal look and lifestyle. But once I got these guys in hand, I caved. I may keep them out for a while, then either gift them later, or just put them away. Of course, I might also just end up keeping them out, you never know.Wink

Super Contributor

I have a mink with burnout velvet on the back and it is still good. Right now it is on a leather chair. These new ones are pretty. I like the light colored one, but I don't need any more throws.... Smile

Super Contributor
On 11/7/2014 geezerette said:

howwhatwhen: You'll be relieved to know that this throw does NOT have that scratchy thread. I know what you're talking about--many products use that fishing-line type thread and it does hold up well, but it scratches to no end! This is just normal garment thread.

I didn't really need or want the bears either, but I have to admit, they're so cute and well made (and soft!) that I kept them for myself anyway! I used to be a stuffed animal person, but over the years have preferred to keep more of a minimal look and lifestyle. But once I got these guys in hand, I caved. I may keep them out for a while, then either gift them later, or just put them away. Of course, I might also just end up keeping them out, you never know.Wink

That's good to know, thanks. I'm looking forward to getting them especially the brushed feather so I can start decorating the spare room. I'll take the bear with me to the stores so I can get the perfect match of coordinating colors.

Honored Contributor

Can you tell me if the texture on any of these is sort of not-so-great? Like it makes it rough or something? Also, is the mink more of a stripe or solid look? Is the texture on it subtle or not? I am so torn about which to order! I like the leopard too--any comments about the look and the feel of these? THANKS so much!!!!

The leopard print looks pretty busy--also, there is an older "oversized" set with brown cheetah H197713, so that looks pretty too. I'm wondering if this or the mink would be more neutral and go with more of my furniture than the leopard?

I'm FULL of questions aren't I??? I hope you all are full of answers!!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}