Highlighted
Contributor

This product does does not seam safe for a dogs skin.  Looks like there would be carpet solution left in the container.  The container would need to be washed real good.  I do not think a product that uses carpet cleaning solution should be used for a dog.

Honored Contributor

My Kingston thinks the vacuum cleaner is an evil force and tries to attack it, I could only imagine what he'd do if I tried to use something like this for his baths, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I had a shephard collie mix that would have loved this.  He really liked being vacuumed.

Valued Contributor

I was thinking the same thing. I'm also not a fan of shampoos that don't need to be rinsed out completely. Dogs are more sensitive than humans to chemicals, etc..

My dog would hate this thing...too loud. She jumps right into the tub for baths and enjoys her spa days...lol

Esteemed Contributor

I think the concept is interesting but that's all,. I have big dogs.--German Shepherds. One of them barely fits in the shower with me for the bath. I agree that dogs have sensitive skin. You really need to be sure the soap, etc. is off their skin. Maybe this would work for smaller dogs. I don't know. Bissell is at least trying to find an easier solution to bath time for pets so I give them credit for that. I do swear by their products for carpet cleaning. 

Contributor

My problem is the same container is used for the water/carpet cleaner.

and for the dog shampoo ,If not cleaned good the dog will get the carpet'cleaner

on its skin

Esteemed Contributor

@lb wrote:

This product does does not seam safe for a dogs skin.  Looks like there would be carpet solution left in the container.  The container would need to be washed real good.  I do not think a product that uses carpet cleaning solution should be used for a dog.

@lb  ..... I agree with you..... I would never buy this product👎👎👎

Esteemed Contributor

After reading all reviews for this product on amazonsmile, I decided to order this from the Q.  It's the answer to my prayers!  First, my boy is handicapped so traveling to a spa, etc., just isn't feasible.  I've tried washing him - outside in the good weather - and think I get wetter and probably cleanet than himWoman LOL.  Last couple of years, first a contractor devastated Eddy's yard, then got another contractor and somehow the yard was a mess until it got too cold to wash him outside.  Sponge baths in the kitchen are never satisfactory:  he weighs a good sixty pounds and I cannot put him in the tub.  Getting one of those spas that come to your house doesn't work either.  Staris are a problem for my now big boy.  This is the third version of the Barkbath, I believe.  And this version has gotten excellent reviews.  The $200 price range is high, but to have the mobile spa, it's $70 a pop.  I'm praying this will work out for Eddy and me!

And, by the way, it anyone read the product details, there are two separate containers with this device:  one for rug cleaning; the other for dog cleaning.  So, to worry that carpet cleaner detergent may contaminate the dog shampoo is bogus, imho.

Anyways, fingers crossed!!!!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@lb wrote:

My problem is the same container is used for the water/carpet cleaner.

and for the dog shampoo ,If not cleaned good the dog will get the carpet'cleaner

on its skin

@lb   In the presentation I saw, they said the carpet solution container in completely separate from the dog shampoo solution container.  The dog is not exposed to the carpet cleaner.

@January121 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment