Valued Contributor

Barefoot dreams TSV sizing

[ Edited ]

Can't decide on a small or x small. Looks bulky around the middle.  Also neck opening looks big.  Any help with sizing appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot dreams TSV sizing

I ordered one last year 12/2019 similar (A368856) in medium  I am on the small side.  I have about a dozen BFD items and usually I get small.  But because this one was much thicker I went with med and glad I did.

Esteemed Contributor

The sizing chart they put up has me sizing up one size.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might want to check out the Barefoot Dreams 2020 Friends and Family Chat.  They have been discussing sizes and some of them have already received theirs.  I agree that some of the necklines look huge and some look more like a crew neck.  And also as you said, some look sort of bunched up around the middle.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just turned this on a few minutes ago as they were switching over to food.

The host asked Mary DeAngelis what size she was wearing and she said she had on a medium - if that helps.

Honored Contributor

This morning Leah said she had the sweater on in an XL.  She said she normally wears a L in Barefoot Dreams sweaters, but the XL was the size available for her this morning.  Looking at it on her, the XL was the perfect size for her in this style. 

I think at least one size up is the way to go, or two sizes if you like your sweaters with a tad more room.  The BD vendor said the TSV has a more fitted shape at the shoulders and bustline because they didn't want it to be a relaxed fit.  They wanted a fit closer to the body to feel the softness of the knit.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it has been flattering on anyone

Frequent Contributor

It looks comfy but I really don't like the band on the bottom.  Makes it look pulled in and that's not a good look for many.

Contributor

Great observations! I agree. This particularly unique style/length/proportion requires a truely precision fit to look flattering on the body. Unfortunately - and regardless of the price point - there is a lack of consistency in sizing with Barefoot Dreams. One print/color fits differently than another print/color in the same item. If you truly think you will love something, it's adviseable to order one in each size that may fit you properly. Best of luck to all !  

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

The sizing chart they put up has me sizing up one size.

Same for me.  I ordered accordingly. My sweaters arrived today and the fit is too large.  I'm either down another size or the chart is off.  Honestly, the style isn't very attractive either.  Both of my sweaters are going back tomorrow.