Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Upcoming TSV (Regular)

[ Edited ]

@MercyMe7  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@MercyMe7 wrote:

@rms1954 

The sleeve length is 1" shorter.   Also, you use the Q-size charts on each one (the BD chart is not reliable ... BD chart says I am a Med, but my shorter cardis are Small and are roomy.)

Thanks for the info.  It helped a lot.

Respected Contributor

@MercyMe7 wrote:

@ItsME 

If you are short, and want the petite ... Item # is A367544.

@lovesallanimals just talked me into the black ... in petite)  

cottageHill:  I hope you love it as much as I do.  When you receive it, please let me know how you like it.  Did you watch the video?   Looking at how they fit the models was a deciding factor for me.  I bought both sizes to see how the fit was (M & L) - kept the large.

Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Did you watch the video?   Looking at how they fit the models was a deciding factor for me.  I bought both sizes to see how the fit was (M & L) - kept the large.

Yes, watched the video ... even the host said she could wear 3 different sizes.  The model wearing black did need the next size up.  Kari went up one size to a Small.   I need this (east coast) to be warm and having 5" exposed in front is not practical. 

Expect delv. this Thursday already ... to beat the rush, I ordered 1 day early~!   I prefer dark colors as I found the lighter sheds slightly (in the ultra-light) so the black, thanks to you, sold me!     @lovesallanimals 

Respected Contributor

@MercyMe7 wrote:

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Did you watch the video?   Looking at how they fit the models was a deciding factor for me.  I bought both sizes to see how the fit was (M & L) - kept the large.

Yes, watched the video ... even the host said she could wear 3 different sizes.  The model wearing black did need the next size up.  Kari went up one size to a Small.   I need this (east coast) to be warm and having 5" exposed in front is not practical. 

Expect delv. this Thursday already ... to beat the rush, I ordered 1 day early~!   I prefer dark colors as I found the lighter sheds slightly (in the ultra-light) so the black, thanks to you, sold me!     @lovesallanimals 

I also live on the East Coast so I hear you.  I don't want to tempt you but I just looked under Barefoot Dreams "newest" and OMG they had the matching scarf (got the merlo, black and olive) and also the matching beenies.  I am going nuts but I cut back on other items I was going to order (from different brands) so I don't feel too guilty and I know I will get lots of wear out of these, they wear like iron, are super warm and look great.

Trusted Contributor

@MercyMe7 wrote:

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I live in a cold climate also, and have a serious question.  Wouldn't you want buttons on the cardi to  keep it closed?  It seems to me the open cardi is just going to flap open all the time, defeating the purpose of warmth in front.  Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

I agree, I probably would have purchased had it closed. I don't understand the popularity of open cardigans. I bought one just to wear at work and notice that I'm constantly holding it closed. I need to have the option to close. But almost every cardi that I've liked the past few years has been open front.
Occasional Contributor

I kind of think of the open Cardigan as more of a replacement for the cape or shawl.. I understand what your saying though. To me it make it confusing to figure out sizing.

None of the model seem to have them big enough close.   I like to be able to close things as well having grown up in Chicago. Like you though I like. Its a nice way to pull something together. I also think keeping it open adds a different kind of drape.

Did anyone get the the L that is a size 10. I might exchange for the medium or petite. It is really soft!  I wonder what size Leah wore that day.  She consistently tells the truth about sizing. 

Contributor

@mnmom   

Yes, buttons or some type of closure would be perfect on this cardi for winter months.   As you know, style isn't always practical.  Since BFD touts the Malibu lifestyle, they apparently do not believe in buttons in this case.  

For me, I never button my 'coat' just out of habit, and I buy mine big enough to close, and always use a scarf.   For harsh winters, this cardi will not suffice to keep us north-easterners warm.

Frequent Contributor

Hi, I purchased the large petite and it fits perfectly. I'm 5'4 155lbs and typically wear size large or 12/14 in most all other brands. I recall leah stating she was also wearing size large, but in regular length during the presentation. She stated that is her normal qvc size. According to the BFD chart I should be an xl but that is way too big on me. I own 3 other styles and all are size large and fit me good. The large for BFD is considered 10-12. I'm also 36dd and they chest size was also good for me in large.  Hope this helps!