Esteemed Contributor

I caved in and bought the blue.  I have one I bought at full price and love it but going forward I will wait on BD until it goes on sale or TSV.  Another lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

Oh, good grief! I can't let all of you get more than one and not me too! LOL!

I'm going to order the pink and the denim, and maybe the black. I was wearing my black most of this week. It was the very first Barefoot Dreams I got. The label says "Bamboo Cozychic Lite," and it has been wonderful. But I like these other fabrications too.

I agree with the waffle being heavier. I like it, but definitely different from the rest.

You all are enabling me with your comments. Off I go to order some more! Can't let you have all the fun!

What about you @Kachina624? Getting more?

Esteemed Contributor

Kachina624, have you changed your mind?  I remember you posting they are shapeless and flatter no one lol.  Today in the doctor office a lady came out wearing a BD cardi in heathered blue.  It was the one with the rounded edges and looked like she hadn’t washed it since she go it.  It was cozy chic material, not the lite.  Hope you enjoy yours.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Oh, good grief! I can't let all of you get more than one and not me too! LOL!

I'm going to order the pink and the denim, and maybe the black. I was wearing my black most of this week. It was the very first Barefoot Dreams I got. The label says "Bamboo Cozychic Lite," and it has been wonderful. But I like these other fabrications too.

I agree with the waffle being heavier. I like it, but definitely different from the rest.

You all are enabling me with your comments. Off I go to order some more! Can't let you have all the fun!

What about you @Kachina624? Getting more?

@World Traveler I’m sorry but I just couldn’t help but to laugh at your post. “If you are all getting more than 1 than I am getting more than 1!!” Too funny...just like a little kid not to be left out. I love it. You won’t regret it. Thanks for the laugh! 😂 

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom You have me pegged correctly! LOL!

Well, I think I have taken care of the Christmas gifts for me, right? I always treat myself each year, but must say I outdid myself this time (thanks to all of you!). Heart

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

Kachina624, have you changed your mind?  I remember you posting they are shapeless and flatter no one lol.  Today in the doctor office a lady came out wearing a BD cardi in heathered blue.  It was the one with the rounded edges and looked like she hadn’t washed it since she go it.  It was cozy chic material, not the lite.  Hope you enjoy yours.

@barrel racer So surprised to see you posting (or even reading) this thread, since you have commented on two other Barefoot Dreams threads that you don't like them and said rather negative things about the brand.

Perhaps you have changed your mind and will be joining us in purchasing one? Heart

Contributor

Ok girls. I just received the barefoot dreams TSV today and here is my review. I ordered the soft pink color which is very pretty; HOWEVER, the fit is very generous. I wear an xl in this brand but this particular cardigan fits like a robe and comes to my knees. I’m 5’5 and usually length isn’t much of an issue but on this one it is. I honestly don’t care for it which is very disappointing. It’s very cozy warm but it looks like a bath robe on me. Not kidding.  If I were to size down I don’t think it would matter because it literally fits like a robe - no shape to it. I have hips and it definitely shows. If you are petite this is NOT for you I’m sorry. Unfortunately I’ve decided to send it back. I look very frumpy and it’s not a good look on me. If you decide to take a chance I strongly urge you to size DOWN. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler.   I went out this afternoon and when I got home, my cardi was on the doorstep, UPS overnight delivery.  It was chilly in the house so I immediately put it on, got warm and cozy and fell asleep in my recliner for 3 hours.  How's that for a testimonial?

I would describe the garnet as a cross between burgundy and plum.  I'm wearing a wine print shirt today and it blends beautifully with the sweater.  I think plum to purplish shades would do the same.  I ordered the size I usually wear in D&C, SG, or Isaac and the fit is perfect.  This is a very warm sweater with nice deep pockets.  It's smushy soft; I can hardly keep my hands off of myself as it feels so good.

My sweater was shipped from the Q warehouse in Ontario, Ca.  It flew to and arrived in Albuquerque in 2 hours, then for some reason was flown to Los Angeles where it was turned around and sent back to Albuquerque at which time it was loaded on a UPS truck for delivery.  It's no wonder it was tired and wanted a nap.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

@barrel racer.   Yes, I think I may have changed my mind.  I'm not sure about the flattering part as I haven't yet been to a mirror, but it sure is cozy.  Isn't it wonderful that women have that prerogative (changing one's mind)?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

There have been a number of really nice longer sweater cardigans/coats. What bums me is that they don't have closures of some sort. I have many longer cardis and wear them as a sweater coat when weather permits but I need to be able to button up, not flapping in the breeze.

@PINKdogWOOD

I have several BD cardigans, most from their web page.

After fiddling long enough w/o closures I went to e-bay, purchased some interesting, vintage buttons, crocheted coordinating loops from thread, and there you have it, custom button loop closures!   Keeps the cardigans from sliding down to way long in back, and way short in front.  I wear mine lots for travel and don’t want to mess around with them while racing through airports.

I’m a bit proud of my handy work.  ☺️ 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras