Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams TSV - June 22

Wonderful for those who like this item and will wear it.  In my opinion, for me, it's just too much fabric flapping around. 

Respected Contributor

I got the graphite. It will likely be an inside-the-house dress for me, but that’s what I wanted.
Respected Contributor

I kind of like this tsv - would not wear it outside the house but I agree with poster who said good to wear indoors instead of old jeans and T - thinking I may give it a try very hot here so this would, I think, be a comfy, indoor/pool wear.

I have never owned or wore a caftan as most of the ones I've seen are patterned - the colors and no pattern attracts me on this one.

Contributor

I agree totally.  Sometimes I wonder why I continue to buy things from the Q when I can shop at Nordstrom, Rue la la, Amazon...The shipping and handling at the Q is horrific. I would hate to add up all I have had to spend on those charges!  YIKES

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich I have several caftans, mostly from Joan Rivers line because she made them for petite women. I enjoy all of the ones that I have, for me, they are great for lounging around the house when I get home from work.

I did order one of these to see if it will work for me. It looks comfortable. My concern is the neckline is really deep so I'll have to see. 

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24  I am still dithering about colors - liking the graphite - what color did you order?

I saw model Jackie in pink one tied up at bottom - was not too keen on this look - and she had a scarf around her neck I too was trying to see neckline as she is my guide' in most outfits and today it is already 100 degrees at 11 a.m. so I do not plan on wearing scarf!

Hopefully neckline words for us.

Honored Contributor

one thing i do like about the neckline......it is NOT a modified neckline that so many qvc brands often do. the modified necklines on qvc often stop me from ordering an item.

i already own the graphite......it is a very nice dark color of gray.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I also like it, and like others have said, would not consider wearing it out of the house.  But this is the type of clothing I like to put on after work and just kick back in.  I'm looking forward to getting it.  

Yes, it is a costly muumuu, but I'm sure I'll get a lot of pleasure from it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Fingers crossedWoman LOL.  This will be my first BD!

I ordered the indigo.  I am concerned since it's sort of a one-size fits most and I'm on the smaller end.  Like others have mentioned, I'm planning on wearing it around the house on hot and humid days. But, I'm hoping it will be heavy enough to wear out on a quick errand.  I'm not really into the long dresses instyle now, but this appealed to me!

Valued Contributor

I love caftans and have been wanting to try a Barefoot Dreams one, but this one doesn't look appealing. The way the gown is tapered toward the knees accentuates the hips and makes the dress look like a lumpy sack. Wear it out of the house? No I don't think so. Modal tends to pill after a few washings and that's what some reviewers are reporting. Plus the price is steep. You could buy a Natori caftan on sale at Herroom for about the same or less.

Thank you to those who mentioned the upcoming Nordstrom's sale! I'll keep my eyes open for BD then.