Honored Contributor

Barefoot Dreams TSV - June 22

I'm thinking about this for after beach wear. It looks really thin and it would show everything - I think all of the models are wearing bras. I don't think I would wear it out of the house. What do you all think? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams TSV - June 22

It is not flattering on the models!  If you have hips, it is definitely not flattering. 

Valued Contributor

I love caftans for around the house.  I ordered it in the black.  I'm thinking of getting a second one but I'm not sure about the lighter colors.  They almost look too nightgowny.

I think it would be great for after beach. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't care for it, especially for the price. 

Honored Contributor

1. I like some of the colors, but it's not a summer item (for my lifestyle/climate)
  2. They should not charge shipping...
  3. Nordstrom Anniversary is only a few weeks away and there are always some good buys for Barefoot Dreams.  
  4. Plus, free shipping at Nordstrom. 
  5. I would not wear thiis caftan outside of the house

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

I agree, the models that were fuller in the hips it did not look good on them especially the side profile. 

Respected Contributor

Very thin fabric. Would never wear this out of the house. 

Respected Contributor

Nooooo.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

I own 3 from last year's TSV and just picked up 2 more on the pre-sale.  Absolutely love them. Laundered weekly my caftans from last year are in good shape.

Soft, comfy. I only wear them at home but these are not see thru. Good coverage and with company, I pair it with a GILI duster. These make me feel covered, presentable and feminine.

I got tired of looking at myself schlepping around the house in work out shorts and t shirt. 

Contributor

Thank you Chi-town girl for reminding me of the "Nordstroms's sale"! I will be looking foward to it. I also love barefoot dreams. I own the 2 of these from last year, it gets very hot in L.A. love to wear them at home. Have not worn it out yet, but may if I where a hat, earrings and some cute sandles. Other wise it may look like a nite gown.Smiley Happy