Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams TSV 5/24

The ones I ordered yesterday went to "processing" so I should hopefully have them soon. I don't care if I don't wear them this summer (although I am in a lot of air conditioned places during the summer, so I know I will); they will be fine for Fall.

The price is good for a Barefoot Dreams item.

Super Contributor

@Meladen wrote:

I've been confused by how the blue seems to look like a completely different color to me in studio vs. online and with the Barefoot Dreams representative.  I think I'd get it if I knew it would look how it looks in studio, which appears to be a deeper, more vibrant blue, vs. the sky blue online.  

I'm going with the assumption that the OAP lighting is more true to the colors (less vibrant) that the QVC studio shots with their extra special filters. 

It's the same with the terracota color.  On QVC's set, it looks very vibrant, but then I saw it at the OAP's home and it looked more muted.  

Trusted Contributor

Have never watched presentation of this BD line on Q, but looking at today's TSV, the BD fabric reminds me of a thinner version of my mom's old chenille bathrobes and my grandma's chenille bedspreads. Seems very pricey for loungewear type clothing, but I see many shoppers love the line. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@World Traveler  Are you west coast close enough for the time to be decent to watch the Barefoot Dreams show (midnight eastern, 9 pm California)?

Anyone going to watch live? Love to have company.

@1Professor  I'm here Smiley Happy

I edited my order from sand dune & warm taupe to the sand dune & black. As much as I would love to have one of each color, I had to think hard on which ones I would actually use the most often.

@1Professor   @World Traveler  I just finally got a chance to sit down...been busy all morning. I'm tuned into the BD show with Marybeth and she said she is wearing the medium of the BD TSV. Because she is a 10/12, I expected her to be wearing a large.

Well, CR*P! So frustrating...

The BD size chart is a bit off. I'm a size 10. I was afraid if I originally ordered the size medium, I wouldn't be able to wear it yet. My goal is to be a size 8...I'm not a size 8...yet. I wanted to wear these cardi's now too, not have to store them for 6+ months and not be able to wear them...oy.

So I went to my order of the 2 in large and can't believe I was still able to cancel. That was a relief! I was able to reorder the black & warm taupe in medium but couldn't get the sand dune - sold out...that's ok with me. At least I won't be frustrated having to return cardis that are too big. 

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise   Marybeth is doing a fabulous job.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the same at first, before I tried BD. About the chenile/bathrobe vibe. But you HAVE to get one home and just feel BD, to truly appreciate it. Life changing! They are so chic and so soft. All my other sweaters and fleece pieces feel dowdy and scratchy now in comparison, even cashmere. I wear BD almost every night to lounge and sleep. My boyfriend likes to snuggle them Smiley Happy.

Remember the camo/animal patterned Cozy Chic heavy sweater they did right before the holidays. I almost didn't get one and don't like the boatneck style, but then when it arrived, I honestly shrieked out loud when I tried it on. It was really just like wearing the most wonderful hug. My house is freezing in winter and I didn't want to wear anything else until March! Can't wait to get more for next year if they ever drop the price on those....

I agree with others who said today's TSV is a lot like last year's Ultra Light cardigan, that I love and have in three colors. I think I'm getting the black today, and can picture a nightime out to dinner look with a black tank, white jeans (my new Candace Cameron Bure white jeans!), and nice black sandals.

For anyone thinking about terracotta today, I love the orangey peach cardigan from last year that was a similar shade, highly recommend it for warmer to olive skin tones.

Valued Contributor

My mom had a chenille robe. The TSV does look similar to chenille because of the ribbing, I think. It's made of nylon and viscose which is why I can't bring myself to spend almost $90 on a sweater. I love the look, the style, and the colors, and may get one if my size ever makes it to clearance. My other issue is being tall. Those sleeves look awfully short.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

The BD expert Maria is also one of my favorite vendors. I love the way she models the styles with simple tanks, jeans and pants. She's so fun and helpful about the sometimes minor differences between the various BD fabrics and styles. Oooo she's modeling the black now - ok that's my color! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@violet runner wrote:

@songbird  I am less impressed with the TSV now that I have seen it presented. Still worth taking a look at and agree,  probably not worn in summer or just inside with a/c or cool evenings.  I wanted to mention I am returning the BD tee we discussed- when I washed it and laid it flat to dry, the neck stretched out too much and looked like I had worn it many times..  I am not the type to touch up with an iron  and that's probably what it needed. Was wondering what you ended up ordering this time. 

I changed my mind, especially with the high low deal (which I really hate)  So I didn't get TSV.  I did buy two more top (slub tops with the drop shoulder) and one pull over that they just showed the Malibu collection shoreline (I got the sea cliff)  I decided to go up to a small) being as the chest was 35".  The small chest is 37"   I wanted a looser fit.  I missed the show at midnight.  So when I got up this morning, I just pulled up everything under barefoot dreams.  During my lunch hour (I work from home still...!) I saw the pullover. 

Surprised to see Candice show.  Wasn't expecting that.  Everything in XXS & XS is gone.  And I didn't like the new tops she had.  So I passed.

Honored Contributor

@J woww wrote:

I thought the same at first, before I tried BD. About the chenile/bathrobe vibe. But you HAVE to get one home and just feel BD, to truly appreciate it. Life changing! They are so chic and so soft. All my other sweaters and fleece pieces feel dowdy and scratchy now in comparison, even cashmere. I wear BD almost every night to lounge and sleep. My boyfriend likes to snuggle them Smiley Happy.

@J woww AMEN!!!  You have to "get it" in order to "get it" (purchase in order to understand what we're all talking about).