Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams TSV 5/24

Pretty color but a pass for me too.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Thanks! I just may get it, as the Ultra Lite is my favorite. However, I wish there would be more BD without hoods. I am "hooded" out!

@World Traveler  - this new TSV looks almost identical to the TSV from last year. Except last year the cardi was a straight hem and it has pockets. I bought 2 - the sea foam green and peach colors. 

Anyone else have the TSV from last year? Thoughts about how similar it is to this 'new' TSV?

Caution about shedding --- I do like this knit blend but it sheds terribly! Watch out if wearing black/dark pants. Keep a lint roller handy

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl Thanks for the comments.

As to the shedding, I have around 40 (possibly more!) BD items and all configurations on the material used (favorite is ultra lite). However, I have never had any problems with shedding. I know other people have commented on shedding, but I have not seen that with my items.

I make sure I wash them in cold water and gentle cycle, and then usually hang them to dry; sometimes very low dryer temperature. I also don't wash them with anything other than another BD item.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Chi-town girl Thanks for the comments.

As to the shedding, I have around 40 (possibly more!) BD items and all configurations on the material used (favorite is ultra lite). However, I have never had any problems with shedding. I know other people have commented on shedding, but I have not seen that with my items.

I make sure I wash them in cold water and gentle cycle, and then usually hang them to dry; sometimes very low dryer temperature. I also don't wash them with anything other than another BD item.

@World Traveler - I'm going to try to find the thread/photos of last yr summer hoodie cardi TSV

if you are only wearing BD items with other BD items, you won't have the shedding/lint issue. I am very careful of the type of pants I wear with these hoodies. It does limit my decisions but I do like these hoodies- pockets are desired, and if missing could be a deal breaker for me

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

I like the ribbing but not a fan of the hood. I wonder what other colors will be offered.
Honored Contributor

Is there an item number yet so we can check out the details? I'm not seeing it when I pull up the BD items.

Trusted Contributor

It’s not available yet for purchase but we will see turquoise (pictured), sand dune, terra cotta, warm taupe, lake blue, and black!
Contributor

I'm pretty sure it's the ultra light - but - I hate stuff with hoods in the BFD material - makes it so heavy to wear.  think I will pass on this - as much as I love BFD!

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

barefoot_dreams_TSV.jpg

@World Traveler  - It doesn't look like the new TSV has pockets - what do you think?

Here is some info for the June 2020 TSV. These are the 2 colors that I bought

Screenshot_2021-05-21-19-49-22.png

A379169
Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Ultra Lite Hooded Ribbed Cardi

Respected Contributor

Living in CA, I have many pieces in the ultra lite fabric.  I'm finding that the latest ultra lite fabrications are even lighter in weight than the previous ones.  I like both and wear them for different temperatures.