Super Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams TSV 2/3/20

@bargainsgirl wrote:

If the price was $10 less and there were no pockets, I may have considered.  I have 2 caridgans in the regular knit which I like but I paid the sale price of $79.  I have worn them as my winter coat when it is 40-50 degrees outside.  But this sweater is a little overpriced for "lite" and it looks like a snug fit.  I am pear shaped and this would not work for me.

As far as the fit, everyone is recommending to size up in the Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat blog in the fashion forum.  That way it will be more relaxed.  That is what I did.  I can't wait to get them and try them out!

Esteemed Contributor

I was tempted, though imo this is very much overpriced, to get the blue and white which is sold out!.  According to the size chart I'd have to order a L for a loose, casual fit  (I normally take a S in BFD).  Imo anything with a front procket like this should fit loosely:  and though I have not watched the on air showings, the models online seem to be wearing it about two sizes too small; it just doesn't look good as a fitted item.

Have you noticed that the BFD sizing is all over the place?  I've previously returned an XS top for being enormous!  In this top for the proper fit a L would be required.  Wish QVC would standardize the sizing.Woman Frustrated

It's a cute top, imo, and am sure whoever gets it will get a lot of use out of it!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I was tempted, though imo this is very much overpriced, to get the blue and white which is sold out!.  According to the size chart I'd have to order a L for a loose, casual fit  (I normally take a S in BFD).  Imo anything with a front procket like this should fit loosely:  and though I have not watched the on air showings, the models online seem to be wearing it about two sizes too small; it just doesn't look good as a fitted item.

Have you noticed that the BFD sizing is all over the place?  I've previously returned an XS top for being enormous!  In this top for the proper fit a L would be required.  Wish QVC would standardize the sizing.Woman Frustrated

It's a cute top, imo, and am sure whoever gets it will get a lot of use out of it!

It's not a QVC fit its a BFD fit which are different.  I am very petite and I have this version with the hood and I ordered the xs and it is very roomy on me.  I went ahead and ordered the xs again in the blue stripe & oyster stripe.  I am looking forward to getting them.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think Barefoot Dreams is anything special and think it's way overpriced.   This top will be close to $70 by the time you get it home.  

Honored Contributor

With certain lines of clothing, you aren't going to reach that price point.  They are selling SG tops for $45.00 at a TSV price. No way is a BFD item going to be that price.

Respected Contributor

$60 is extremely reasonable for a BD piece. 

Esteemed Contributor

You lost me at "front pockets".

I too have a couple of the cardigans that I bought on a sale price.

Yes they are nice and comfy but this is a top I would just wear for lounging and I don't need to spend $60 to lounge.  There is much less expensive loungewear out there.

Honored Contributor

Never tried this brand. I looked at it online. I like the striped ones but not sure I like the pockets. It looks a bit short for me. I’m not sure why the items in this brand cost so much more than other similar brands. I decided not to buy. 

Regular Contributor

I ended up getting one of the TSV as I love the strips and the fact that BFD did something a bit different. I also wanted to say props to the OP because of the fact you actually posted an opinion on the price of the TSV and not doing the bashing of Barefoot Dreams which happens everytime they have a TSV(its way overpriced, it looks like a bathrobe, who cares about who wear etc.. I could go on and on). Barefoot Dreams is an expensive brand period if it's too pricey fair enough you don't have to buy it, just jog on.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

When i think of a great price for a TSV top $45 comes to mind not $60.  Because this is a shopping network, I want great, great prices not average.  It's an easy pass for me.

That top would normally be $98 on the Barefoot Dreams site. (They have a solid hooded version for $120 now and a slouchy pullover for $98 on their site right now.)  

That's a $39 savings for the TSV.

Nordstrom has a long-sleeved Barefoot Dreams top of the same CozyChic Ultra Lite material and it's normally $98 and on sale for 30% off at $68 today, so that's $10 more than the TSV.

To me, that's is a great TSV offer.