Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams QVC2 Big Deal - 11/11/18

@World Traveler wrote:

Cardilite.jpg

My BD TSV is expected on Tuesday; however, I noticed a NEW BD cardi that is a "waffle" design. Haven't ever seen them do that before. I purchased it in the lightest color, Bisque, and am eager to see how it compares to the other BD material.

A342922 - $109.72, Cozychic Lite Long Weekend Cardi

@World Traveler I ordered this waffle knit one in Bisque also. Contemplating the pacific blue. I read the 1 review thats up and heard the vendor say in an earlier presentation that bc of the waffle knit it feels heavier and warmer than the other cozy chic lite cardi’s. Being in WI, hearing that has made me even more excited for this one.

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I’m not impressed with the Barefoot Dreams line at all.  I purchased the TSV cardi and a poncho type top.  The poncho went back.  It was cozy chic fabric and when held up to the light there were big gaps in the fabric, very thin in places. The front corners hung to the knees and the back barely covered the tush.  It was very sloppy looking.  The TSV was Cozy Chic Lite so was a tighter weave.  I would rate it a 3 out of 5, but I didn’t want to pay to send it back.  The fabric is ok but seems poorly sewen and I’m afraid to wash it.  Not happy.

@barrel racer It costs less money to send it back if you are not happy with it, than to not get the price of the item returned to you. If you are afraid to wash something, is poorly sewn, and you are not happy, why not return it and get your money back, minus the shipping cost? Doesn't make sense to me that you wouldn't want to get at least part of your money back when you are so unhappy. The cost of the the return postage is way less than what you paid for the item. Heart 

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom We are like-minded. I kept eyeing that Pacific Blue too; did the same thing with the TSV.....the Pacific Blue looked beautiful. What to do, what to do....Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

To those of you who may not have seen it, there is another post talking about a December BD TSV. Didn't they say this last time that there would not be another TSV for this brand until next year? I'm hoping if there is one in December that the sleeve tee is at a lower price point. Would love to try that.

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

Cardilite.jpg

My BD TSV is expected on Tuesday; however, I noticed a NEW BD cardi that is a "waffle" design. Haven't ever seen them do that before. I purchased it in the lightest color, Bisque, and am eager to see how it compares to the other BD material.

A342922 - $109.72, Cozychic Lite Long Weekend Cardi

@World Traveler I ordered this waffle knit one in Bisque also. Contemplating the pacific blue. I read the 1 review thats up and heard the vendor say in an earlier presentation that bc of the waffle knit it feels heavier and warmer than the other cozy chic lite cardi’s. Being in WI, hearing that has made me even more excited for this one.

Wanted to update as I rec’d this today. Unfortunately I have to do an exchange. The left arm is longer than the right one. The color is great and it’s a very substantial piece. The most substantial BD to date for me. They weren’t wrong when they said it’s a heavier piece compared to the others bc of the waffle stitching. This will definitely keep you warm. It’s also very generously sized. I normally go up to a large to accommodate BD’s usually having tight arms (bc I layer over long sleeved shirts). Based on garment measurements I went with a Medium in this one and it’s very roomy. No worries about tight arms with this one. Anyone who ordered, please let us know you’re thoughts.

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom Mine is due the 27th and is still in Illinois. Smiley Sad

I am so sorry that one sleeve is longer than the other one. I have not experienced that with any product from QVC, much less from Barefoot Dreams.

I guess I was not expecting a review indicating it was much heavier than the other BD styles, even though they did mention it in the presentation. It didn't look much heavier to me, and the few waffle pieces I have of other things, like a bathrobe, are thinner than the norm. Although, I could use a heavier piece, so that will be fine.

And then the size....I always go up a size because of also layering over other long-sleeve pieces. I wonder if mine will be too big also and I need to return for my regular size.

Other than all that, and that is a lot, did you like the Bisque color? ha! I think that is what you got, and it is what I ordered. 

Well, sometime between now and the 27th, when I hopefully get mine, I will be sure to check out the sleeve length on both arms, will see if I need to return and go to my regular size instead of sizing up, and see if I like the Bisque! ha!

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler I do really like the bisque color. It’s different than any other color I have. 

As for sizing, maybe I just got a mismarked or all around defective cardi bc I too was really surprised at how large it was for being a Medium. It was even quite a bit longer on me than on any of the models. It was not too far from the top of my knees, and I am tall. The sleeve length discrepancy was immediately obvious when I tried it on. So its very possible mine was just off all around. Lol! Oh well! I am a patient person so I’ll just wait out the exchange time. To me, this is worth it to get one thats right. Being in WI I always welcome warm pieces. (And I am a freezy cat. Ha!) 

I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this after you receive it. In the meantime, have a Happy Thanksgiving! 

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom Definitely sounds like it is not marked correctly, as I don't remember the cardi being that long either. Will report back when mine comes in next week. 

Glad to hear about the color. I think I will like the Bisque too. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom Surprise, surprise, the UPS guy delivered the BD Cozychic Lite Long Weekend Cardigan (Bisque).

I am not experiencing all the things you did with yours. 

1. You thought yours might be the wrong size. Mine seems the correct size that I wanted (I size up on BD outerwear because I wear items with sleeves underneath it). It fits just great and the same fit as all the other pieces I have gotten. It hits approximately 5" above my knee. I am 5' 5.5".

2. You had mismatched sleeve length. My sleeve length is just fine. I checked to ensure that they were the same length as each other; they are. They come down a little lower than on the other cardigans, but only by an inch or so. No problem. I would say they come down naturally between my wrist and knuckles, but I just pushed them up to my wrist and they easily stay there.

3. I was surprised at how thick/warm the waffle material is. I know it was said to be a substantial fabric, but my previous experience with waffle material is that it is very, very light to the touch and warmth. This was a nice surprise.

4. I love the Bisque color. My first one! It won't hide the dirt though.

5. Although it was in a bag that looked like the UPS guys used it at break time to toss around like a football, it did not have big wrinkles in it. I usually do a first wash of just water and no detergent to anything I purchase; however, it was not needed and looks lovely in my closet. 

All in all, my review is very positive of this item (A342922) and I would not hesitate to recommend it to others. Heart

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler I am very glad to hear that you are happy with your cardi. I’m also glad to hear that nothing is “off” with yours. I sent mine back to exchange it for the same, but right now I fear I won’t get it bc it’s sold out in my same color/size.  Bc of this I went ahead and ordered it in the pacific blue as that was my second choice. Hoping this means I’ll get at least one of this cardi. I’ll update you when I receive it. I really have my fingers crossed though for the bisque color. I really liked it. Enjoy yours!!!