Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Cardigan TSV 5/8

Although not a "new" color, I'm leaning toward the seaglass.

Respected Contributor

Barefoot Dreams has an amazing Marketing team.  Wow.  They convince some to live the good life in California, or relive the good life in California or long for the life in California.  It should be named "California Dreams."  Since I don't live in California or earn income in California, I simply cannot afford the prices charged for items in the Barefoot Dreams line.  In my opinion, the fabrics are not "all that," like the vendors promote.  The styles tend to be sloppy.  Like I said though, they have excellent marketing employees.  They make the line popular and desirable for many, regardless of the prices or quality. 

Esteemed Contributor

Pass. I have three BD cardigans. They are soft, but wrinkle bad and they don't come out.  They don't launder well and aren't worth the high price. I am from California and have never seen anyone in this brand.  Sorry.

Trusted Contributor

Based on the measurments, I would take a small..My usual BD size is med. Any thoughts? Should I stay true to my normal size? Not saying I am going to order, but I do like a couple of the colors. Not sure I want another cardigan.Thanks.

Honored Contributor

After seeing more pics I decided to pass.  It's too oversized and looks sloppy.

Contributor

Can I ask you a question since you own their cardigans?

Do any of them have hoodies? Do you own this?

https://www.qvc.com/Barefoot-Dreams-CozyChic-Lite-Open-Front-Hooded-Cardigan.product.A470281.html?sc...

I ordered 3 and returned them all because the hoodies kept flipping inside out no matter what I did/how I wore them. It got so frustrating.

I watched all the presentations and didn't notice this, that's why I ordered 3. I rewatched the presentations and noticed that pretty much all the hosts and models (Maria too) had the hoodies gathered around their necks so there was no way of telling.

I posted this question here and on FB but I've gotten no replies.

TIA

Regular Contributor

@bargainsgirl I feel like they look like a robe.  Who wants to wear a robe in public?

Trusted Contributor

This cardigan is $84? Regular price $155? Talk about overpriced!!!!!! Not much of a value.
Valued Contributor

Heading into summer this is a super easy pass for this Louisiana resident.
Respected Contributor

I've never owned any BD. The fabrication and casual/comfy/beachy look is on trend and replicated elsewhere...it can have it's place.

I've never pulled the trigger, as I have plenty of good items for beachy/comfy/cute and quality, that I got for half the price.

Mostly, I'm just not in the market...but if I was...

To me...It's high priced for a TSV...which I guess for something usually about $150.00, it's a "bargain." Though, I find, whenever QVC does lower pricing more than this, for a usually more expensive brand...quality suffers somewhere.

It's basically comfy polyester or acrylic, right? This particular one looks a little schlumpy and not flattering, to me; even as a cozy throw-on, I've seen less schlumpy ones. (Grace & Lace had a cute easy cardi that is super soft, no hood, follows the lines of the body. And I've seen others elsewhere.)

I don't like hoods on too many items...don't like it on this...the whole look is too floppy, sloppy.

Anyone who is a BD fan, is the fabric that wonderful? I have heard people swoon over it...I've just never seen anything of theirs I just had to have...so far..

I'm sorry, not meaning to insult anyone buying it...there is a market for these, and if you've had BD and love this one...truly, enjoy!