Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Cardi TSV available now

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

My TSV cardi’s all shipped today. They were all shipped UPS Next Day Air and are scheduled for delivery tomorrow already!! Wow!

I'll be looking forward to your review on this cardi..   @AmericanBulldogMom

Honored Contributor

A miracle unlike any I've ever seen before has occured.  My cardi shipped yesterday from the Ontario, Ca., warehouse and is out for delivery today!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Awesome news! Be sure to post what you think of the new garnet.

Mine still says "in process." Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@1Professor Thought of you yesterday. I saw where Marie Kondo will have a Netflix show called Tidying Up With Marie Kondo. It will be on Netflix, scheduled for January 1.

I am definitely going to watch it.

The book arrived and I have only had a chance to read the first chapter, but it is by my bedside and I plan to dig into it this weekend. Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@1Professor Thought of you yesterday. I saw where Marie Kondo will have a Netflix show called Tidying Up With Marie Kondo. It will be on Netflix, scheduled for January 1.

I am definitely going to watch it.

The book arrived and I have only had a chance to read the first chapter, but it is by my bedside and I plan to dig into it this weekend. Heart

@World Traveler: Thank you so much! Her words are powerful, simple, doable. 

Helps in triggering new thinking about our relationship with Things in our lives.

I have emptied out entire rooms (it just doesn't work to tidy up one drawer, one closet), only bringing back in the things that bring me true joy. Doesn't matter what I paid for it. Doesn't matter that "one day" it may come in handy (even though it hasn't for many years). A crisis center near me benefits.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor My thinking about "things" is that I don't want anyone to have to go thru them when I die. ha! Don't mean that there would be anything embarrassing. What I wouldn't want is for people to have to decide what to do with my stuff or say "I wonder why she has so many Barefoot Dreams cardigans? Must have been a sale." LOL!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@1Professor My thinking about "things" is that I don't want anyone to have to go thru them when I die. ha! Don't mean that there would be anything embarrassing. What I wouldn't want is for people to have to decide what to do with my stuff or say "I wonder why she has so many Barefoot Dreams cardigans? Must have been a sale." LOL!

@World Traveler: You made me smile.

My uppermost thought is the realization that wanting something doesn't necessarily mean that when I get it I will use it. Plus, things I wanted and now have and are unused could be treasured by someone else.

The closest I get to your "when I die" thinking (smiles!) is the realization that—under the healthiest of living—I won't have enough time left to validly USE many of the things I have accumulated. Hence "one of these days I'll need/use this" is no longer valid in my mind . . .

Barefoot Dreams I use. Every week. But they have caused me to donate many other, lesser, sweater cardigans!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor Just wanted you to know that there is a "trailer" on Netflix of the Tidying UP With Marie Kondo if you want to check it out.

It is going to be a reality show, with her helping people tidy up. WOW! From what I saw, there are people who REALLY need this gal in their lives.

I think it will be a fun show to watch. Hopefully, I will finish her book before the show starts on January 1, and then I will understand the method/reason to her system.