Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Cardi TSV available now

This line confuses me!  I have tried a few that I simply didn't like and returned....I did keep 1...it was a OTO coat style/hood...it's super plush... thicker then the others I tried.  It's very warm and where I live that fine.  Now I read this thread and 100% polyester is mentioned...so I go check the label in the one I have sure enough it says CozyChic but it's 100% polyester.  It doesn't sag or stretch out at all but maybe that's due to it's thickness?  

I didn't even realize there is a difference with materials used....perhaps I just like the cheap stuff! LOL as I sent back others which I have no idea what they were made of but they looked so bad on me...Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I bought two of the original calypso cozy chic drapecfront cardigans and they sit in my closet. I like the newer. cardigan style better but while I like the feel of BD , I am over them
Honored Contributor

@equss @1Professor @scatcat Just curious.....does it really matter what they are made of as long as they feel good, wear well, and wash up nicely?

To be quite honest, I didn't check what fabrication they are before I order them nor after I receive them. I do check to see what cleaning instruction to follow; but other than, I don't really care. 

Perhaps I should be more observant. Heart

Super Contributor

I have the pullover in the same blue color and love it - perfection for denim. Unfortunately, I want four of the cardigan colors, but went out of the box with the pink and am probably going to add the blue and/or black options. 

Honored Contributor

I have way more BD's than I need, I have the 100% poly coat and the robe The coat is nothing like the robe in texture and stretchiness. IMO the robe reminds me of their throw, very heavy, stretchy and quite warm. I don't have this TSV and don't need it, but no doubt will order it in the garnet.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@equss @1Professor @scatcat Just curious.....does it really matter what they are made of as long as they feel good, wear well, and wash up nicely?

To be quite honest, I didn't check what fabrication they are before I order them nor after I receive them. I do check to see what cleaning instruction to follow; but other than, I don't really care. 

Perhaps I should be more observant. Heart

The main difference for me is my body overheats in 100 percent poly. I can do blends tho. It took awhile for me to figure out but I can’t wear all poly sweaters or athletic wear. In the case of barefoot dreams i also dont like the feel of that fabrication as much as the lite. So it’s very cute - I try to spend money on items I’ll wear not just like the look so it’s a personal preference ( don’t know why it overheats me but it does) .  Ive gifted the cozy chic robes and others like them I just can’t wear them.  I was trying to point out  the 4 fabrics they use most are really different( i was slow figuring that one outSmiley Happy). I’m sure some prefer the all poly vs. blends. Enjoy your cardis ladies

Honored Contributor

@equss Thanks for sharing that information with me.

I just happen to see a very short presentation today (Monday evening) on the upcoming BD TSV on this Saturday. I heard them talking about it being the original fabrication, bamboo. Correct me if I am wrong, anybody. That's what I understood. They said 500 had already been sold.

Not that I need yet another cardi, but since I have never had the Cali cardigan and they said it was the original fabrication, a more bulky knit (per Shawn), I purchased it in Garnet! Good grief! I need intervention. Heart

Honored Contributor

@HeatherAG Thought of your statement of how the blue would go with denim and almost got it, but decided to go with the garnet, just for something different.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just an FYI for any of you who purchase this before Saturday, December 15, I just noticed that the one I ordered yesterday is on advance orders. So, you may order early to ensure you get the size and color you want, but they aren't shipping it out yet. I did see, however, that it is guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. Heart

I imagine if you want to purchase it now, you will have a few days to think about it, if you are not sure. But we never know when they are going to "release" the orders and start shipping. Sometimes I do this, though, for something that is on advance orders. It allows me time to really think it thru.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler Enjoy!!  Really do have gorgeous colors in this tsv.