Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Cardi TSV available now

[ Edited ]

@Cwoldie wrote:

How do you think the sizing on this one compares to other BD card Is? I am always confused on how they give the chest measurements on open front items.

@Cwoldie I wear xs in qvc sizing and can wear xs or sm in barefoot dreams. I generally go with a small in cardi tho. However, in this particular tsv I might go with an xs because the 100% poly loses shape where u find the cozy chic lite does not get droopy. The poly is generally a more relaxed fit due to it stretches more.  If you can see the difference in fabrics at a store I’d suggest you try. I feel cozy chic and cozy chic lite are very different. Hope this is helpful....also if it’s just for lounge or you layer you can’t go wrong going up one size from your qvc size. 

Honored Contributor

I bought my daughter a Barefoot Dreams cardigan from one of those "Steals & Deals" offers on the morning talk shows.  It's a beige ombre that I picked up for $50.00.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor "I'm rich." I love that you said that! Heart

Can't believe I am saying this, but I think I am going to pass. I already have:

Cozychic Lite Long Weekend Cardigan - 1

Cozychic Lite Catalina Long Cardigan - 2

Cozychic Relaxed Zip-Up Hoodie - 1

Cozychic Lite Resort Cardi - 1

Cozychic Lite Montecito Card - 3

Cozychic Lite Essential Long Cardi w/pockets - 1

Plus.....socks (2 sets), jogger pants (2), scarf, beanie, slouchy pullover (2), boatneck tee (2).

Think I have enough? LOL!  Almost always have something BD on me each day.

But........I will watch the presentation. I want to see what is said about how/why this one is different from others I have. Maybe there is no difference and I can give a sigh of relief. But if there is a compelling reason why to add this to my collection, I will.

I don't have anything in the blue. This blue seems to be different from the Pacific Blue on other items they have presented.

By the way, just an aside......I initially hung all my BDs until I heard them say on the presentations that you should fold them. So I folded all of mine and put them in several drawers/shelves. But when I went to use one of them, they were wrinkled where I folded them, even though they are thick and I folded them loosely. I checked each one out, and YUP, all had wrinkles. You don't notice it on the black/darker colored items, but the lighter ones, yes it shows and does not look nice when I go to work with it on.

So I purchased some great padded hangars and they are now all hung. None of these things will be a problem to wear if they stretch out from hanging. I just don't like wrinkles on something I am wearing.

Another aside (or as Shawn would say, "sidebar"), I find the very light-colored articles, like Bisque, can show where the item under it starts/stops. You don't notice the various lengths of items (blouses, shirts, etc.) underneath the BD if it is a darker shade. This may not be an issue for you, but I probably won't purchase Bisque or similar light shades again unless it is one of BD's items that goes underneath the cardis.

Honored Contributor

@equss wrote:

I much prefer the cozy chic lite but own both fabrications. Cozy chic is hotter and has a shaggy appearance.  I haven’t decided if I’ll order yet due to the length.... it’s a heavier fabrication and my other sweaters in this fabrication look droopy after wear so have to launder more often. I wonder if there’s so much cozychic lately because the 100% poly is less expensive to make???   If it was cozy chic lite or ultra lite I would have already placed my orderSmiley Happy. Enjoy it it will be like wearing a soft, cozy blanket....very yummy

Living in Florida passing on the TSV: choosing cozy chic or ultralight.  Thanks!

Super Contributor

@haddon9 I am so jealous of your Steals and Deals find! Wish I had seen that. I love my ombre BD and wish they would bring it back.
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler: You are rich, indeed, my sister!

Here's my well-trained scientific brain on folding v. hangers for Barefoot dreams:

Do a ROLL. 

Got that fantastic advice from my favorite simpicity/minimalist guru Marie Kondo. Read her tiny books during rough patches, always offer practical serenity.

91jZB6bN7PL.jpg

419bByXzgJL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I have fewer things now, but all treasured ones.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor Roll? Well, as a traveler who often rolls, why didn't I think of that? ha!

But they are so very thick. No drawer of mine is deep enough for a roll. Will have to clean out the shelves for which I previously "folded" the BD. Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@1Professor Just purchased the book thru Amazon. Thanks! Heart

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler   Have you ever seen this method of hanging sweaters?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hang-sweaters-without-strething_n_6700258

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@1Professor Roll? Well, as a traveler who often rolls, why didn't I think of that? ha!

But they are so very thick. No drawer of mine is deep enough for a roll. Will have to clean out the shelves for which I previously "folded" the BD. Smiley Surprised

@World Traveler: My drawers are also too shallow.

I'm using hanging sweater shelves, but rolling instead of folding. Looks wonderful, I can see everything (unlike drawers):

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 9.15.11 AM.png