Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams August TSV

[ Edited ]

I like several of the TSV colors and the cowl neck can be adjusted, I'm not crazy about it being a tunic and oversized.  Plus, there is no agreement between the size chart snd the garment measurements chart.  If I go by the size chart and choose my usual size, it could be too big and if I go by the garment measurements it could end up being too small.  I can't justify it, I'm going to pass. I'm sure they have plenty of soft pullover sweaters on the big "A" for much less.  Who knows, they could even be made in the same overseas factories. 🤷‍♀️

Super Contributor

Sleemves too long also. Should have sent back the only BD item I bought as sleeves are about 6 inches too long!!!  Why?

Super Contributor

I like to top and the length, looks so cozy and the colors are nice!  BUT, I purchased a BFD duster sweater last fall, shed like crazy...  little fluffs of fur flying around all day at work and it's so embarrasing.  I know alot say it didn't happen to them, I've washed the sweater 3 or 4 times now it's packed away for donation.  Wish I had confidence it won't do that again because they are so pretty.  Hope all that purchase love it!

Super Contributor

@Peppertime ,  I pretty much did the same as you.  Got it  in blue, Jade and rosebud.  Bought BD  cardigans long and short last year.  I had no problem with shedding.  These look so comfy and cozy.  Can't wait to wear when weather gets cooler. Hope you enjoy them also!

Frequent Contributor

I'm out for 2 reasons: Cowl neck no, and it's Aug in Arizona where we are still seeing Temps over 115. Not ready for fall clothes too soon.
Honored Contributor

I am passing as well, not fond of the cowl neck, and also it seems really thin.....It sure doesn't seem to be selling very well, all sizes and colors look to still  be available......

Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered I really like it as I am a fan of cowl necks.  I always reach for my longer cowl necks to wear with my leggings and skinny jeans.  It is such an easy outfit just put a long necklace and earrings on and you are good to go.  

Respected Contributor

I love the drama of a cowl neck. However, at 5' 4" this TSV would be too long for my height and wearing preference. If the length were four or five inches shorter, I would buy two of the TSV.

I have noticed that it looks great on all size models (and host) that stand 5' 9." The shorter models and BF vendor/rep keep putting their hands in their pockets to hike up the length or do a half-tuck. I don't walk around like this when I go to an appointment or out grocery shopping.

Contributor

I bought two to try in L - the jade and the khaki. I have too many BD cardigans so I’ll try any pullover style tops. (I already have the striped.sweater that’s been on clearance a while and recommend!) Also picked up the khaki lounge pants before they sold out, a set of the low socks and a clearance Malibu tshirt.

My house is freezing all winter, so I’m hoping I like the cowl necks, and can’t wait to cozy up! I always liked BD and then last winter I got the heavy crew neck sweater they did right before the holiday, and WOW I have never ever loved a sweater more. It really felt like a hug. I never wanted to take it off! If they weren’t sold out I would have bought 5. Now I’m BD for life!!!

I guess I am ready for fall since I caught myself stalking the BD blankets… 🤣
Respected Contributor

@jpie wrote:

I love the drama of a cowl neck. However, at 5' 4" this TSV would be too long for my height and wearing preference. If the length were four or five inches shorter, I would buy two of the TSV.

I have noticed that it looks great on all size models (and host) that stand 5' 9." The shorter models and BF vendor/rep keep putting their hands in their pockets to hike up the length or do a half-tuck. I don't walk around like this when I go to an appointment or out grocery shopping.

_____

Well, well, well.......After watching many of the presentations, I caved and purchased two, one in the vintage blue, and the other in sand dune. They were both available this afternoon, still free s&h, so it was a sign!

I  have been looking for cowl neck sweaters in the last couple of years, but could not find one that had a lot of drape to the neck itself. I love the drape on this one!  I will just hope I ordered the correct fit (not too big, not too small).

The last presentation with Shawn got me to rethink the length. She had it on in an XS and the length looked fine, but it was too snug on her with her microphone pack (she called her fit voluptuous, LOL).