Frequent Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams August TSV

I'm not buying any more Ultra Light or Light materials from BFD.  They shed like crazy after the first wash.  I was skeptical of others' reviews.  But having bought these two types of materials, I am not buying any more. 

Super Contributor

Finally! Someone else mentions the shedding of the ultral light or cozy chic light barefoot dreams! Last year I purchased practically 2 identical tunics with minor differences they're offering as the upcoming TSV (for $10 more on sale), and they shed HORRIBLY! On everything--seatbelt cover, violin case, coat. I could see fluff floating in the air in my car and it made me cough. And I launder carefully. This particular line BD puts out needs work and is cheaper. I really don't understand how it passes muster to be offered to the customer. Like you, I don't trust the reviews that are up there saying the ultra light is all that and a bag of potato chips!
@Angie168 wrote:

I'm not buying any more Ultra Light or Light materials from BFD.  They shed like crazy after the first wash.  I was skeptical of others' reviews.  But having bought these two types of materials, I am not buying any more. 

Super Contributor

I don't care for cowl necks at all so this is an easy pass for me. Really hope they do a long cardigan TSV or Q2 Big Deal soon. The long cardis are my favorite from this line and would love a few more in some different colors. Also, patiently waiting for A382021 to go on sale. This item has been in my wishlist for a long time and the price has not changed at all.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Regular Contributor

Personally, I hate cowlnecks. I just always seem to be fussing with them and it makes them annoying to wear. I have 2 BFD cardis- one is great but the other sheds terribly and so I never wear it.
Esteemed Contributor

Easy pass.  I don't wear cowl neck or turtleneck.  I already have Barefoot Dreams I don't wear.  They wrinkle & stretch without recovery.

Valued Contributor

Easy pass for me as well. Don't care for the neck, the length and how it grips the body in all the wrong places. The presentation isn't helping me change my mind.  Oh well, that's almost $80 I didn't spend. 

Respected Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

Easy pass for me as well. Don't care for the neck, the length and how it grips the body in all the wrong places. The presentation isn't helping me change my mind.  Oh well, that's almost $80 I didn't spend. 

You couldn't of said it better!

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

I love the cowl neck, I guess I'm dated. I've never bought anything from this line, it just seems to be very expensive for the fabric mixes they use. Thanks to everyone who mentions the shedding. My"issue" would be the nylon, it seems that I'd be shocked with everything I came close to in the winter when our humidity is gone. I suppose they needed to make it so long with the heavy cowl but I don't wear leggings so I think I would look more huge than I am putting the long top over jeans. Love the colors and would pay the price if I loved the line.

Honored Contributor

After taking another look at it, I think the tunic length bothers me more than the cowl.  Two reasons to save myself 80 bucks.

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~