Esteemed Contributor

Re: BareMinerals Q & A Chat - October 14th

Used to use Bare Minerals/Essentuals all the time.  After Leslie sold the company, I stopped purchasing.  Can anyone tell me what company now owns it?  And does the parent company refrain from animal testing?  Thinking of coming back to this brand, just not sure.  Thanks.

QVC Community

@PugMom5 wrote:

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

Hello!

I am new to bareminerals! I am not sure which shade to choose for the TSV...I always have a difficult time with this.

I tend to be more fair to lighter skin....I have pinker undertones and some redness (due to my medical conditions).

I tend to look better wearing more cooler tone colors.

I am not sure if you need any other information, if so let me know...I would love to be able to find a color foundation that actually matches my skin tone.

Thank you for the help today! <3

p.s. I often have a hard time with shades.....some come too light, others too dark. I would love to find a great shade today! I have never tried bareminerals before and hope to try the TSV today! Thank you for all of your help and assistance! I appreciate it! <3

Hi @PugMom5, thank you for your interest in our TSV! Based off of what you were describing I would think you could possibly be Bare Shell however I suggest that you watch our show and preview the product page for more guidelines. We have an upcoming show at 3pm eastern time so please tune in! During the show we will be going over the shade chart and you can also see what shades the model and hosts are wearing which might help you. You can also visit the product page which has videos on how to choose your shade and charts for you to reference. If you still have any questions after reviewing the product page or watching our show please let us know.

http://www.qvc.com/bareMinerals-bareSkin-Beautifully-Balanced-8-pc-Collection.product.A277707.html?s...

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

Hello!

I am new to bareminerals! I am not sure which shade to choose for the TSV...I always have a difficult time with this.

I tend to be more fair to lighter skin....I have pinker undertones and some redness (due to my medical conditions).

I am not sure if you need any other information, if so let me know...I would love to be able to find a color foundation that actually matches my skin tone.

p.s. I often have a hard time with shades.....some come too light, others too dark. I would love to find a great shade today! I have never tried bareminerals before and hope to try the TSV today! Thank you for all of your help and assistance! I appreciate it! <3

Hi @PugMom5, thank you for your interest in our TSV! Based off of what you were describing I would think you could possibly be Bare Shell however I suggest that you watch our show and preview the product page for more guidelines. We have an upcoming show at 3pm eastern time so please tune in! During the show we will be going over the shade chart and you can also see what shades the model and hosts are wearing which might help you. You can also visit the product page which has videos on how to choose your shade and charts for you to reference. If you still have any questions after reviewing the product page or watching our show please let us know.

http://www.qvc.com/bareMinerals-bareSkin-Beautifully-Balanced-8-pc-Collection.product.A277707.html?s...

Hello @bareMinerals

I was just thinking of some foundations that I have used in the past (not sure if this is helpful in helping me....

Clinique Even Better Cream Whip

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Alabaster

I am going to watch the show....I am not sure if these two choices help at all I have also worn some brands on QVC I can send as well if need be - just let me know and I will sned those as well. I would love to find a good match in the bareminerals bareskin! Thank you so much for your time and help with this! I appreciate everything! <3

Hi @PugMom5 I hope you enjoy the show and find the demos on the models and shade charts helpful. Based on what you said I would still suggest Bare Shell or Bare Linen. The bareSkin Serum Foundation is very forgiving and many people can switch back and forth between two shades. Please let us know if you still have any questions. Thank you!

Hi again @bareMinerals

I apologize for having so many questions. I am wondering the differences between the shell and the satin. I was on the website and I have a hard ime seeing the colors on this computer....to me it was looking like the satin had more of a pinker undertone to it...with my skin having the pinker undertones to it, is that something I would want to have more of in a foundation?

After looking at the different shades I might e more lighter to medium than in the fair category. It is so hard to tell. again, sorry for all of the questions the colors always throw me off when on the comp/tv.

I do appreciate all of the help you have given to me! Thank you for the help! I was just curious about the pinker undertones if that makes a difference or not due to my pink undertones. Thank you very much! <3

Hi @PugMom5! No need to apologize, we are here to help! Both Shell and Satin are for those with cool skin tones and suiting people with pink undertones. It looks like you need to decide if you are in the light or medium shade family.  Satin falls in the medium category so if you feel you Shell is too light for you I would suggest you go with Satin. Hope that helps!

QVC Community

@eddyandme wrote:

Used to use Bare Minerals/Essentuals all the time.  After Leslie sold the company, I stopped purchasing.  Can anyone tell me what company now owns it?  And does the parent company refrain from animal testing?  Thinking of coming back to this brand, just not sure.  Thanks.

Hi @eddyandme, please feel at ease when using bareMinerals products as we do not test any products on animals. We also do not work with any manufacturers that do animal testing.

Contributor

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

Hello!

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

Hello!

Hello @bareMinerals

I was just thinking of some foundations that I have used in the past (not sure if this is helpful in helping me....

I am going to watch the show....I am not sure if these two choices help at all I have also worn some brands on QVC I can send as well if need be - just let me know and I will sned those as well. I would love to find a good match in the bareminerals bareskin! Thank you so much for your time and help with this! I appreciate everything! <3

Hi @PugMom5 I hope you enjoy the show and find the demos on the models and shade charts helpful. Based on what you said I would still suggest Bare Shell or Bare Linen. The bareSkin Serum Foundation is very forgiving and many people can switch back and forth between two shades. Please let us know if you still have any questions. Thank you!

Hi again @bareMinerals

I apologize for having so many questions. I am wondering the differences between the shell and the satin. I was on the website and I have a hard ime seeing the colors on this computer....to me it was looking like the satin had more of a pinker undertone to it...with my skin having the pinker undertones to it, is that something I would want to have more of in a foundation?

After looking at the different shades I might e more lighter to medium than in the fair category. It is so hard to tell. again, sorry for all of the questions the colors always throw me off when on the comp/tv.

I do appreciate all of the help you have given to me! Thank you for the help! I was just curious about the pinker undertones if that makes a difference or not due to my pink undertones. Thank you very much! <3

Hi @PugMom5! No need to apologize, we are here to help! Both Shell and Satin are for those with cool skin tones and suiting people with pink undertones. It looks like you need to decide if you are in the light or medium shade family.  Satin falls in the medium category so if you feel you Shell is too light for you I would suggest you go with Satin. Hope that helps!

Hi @bareMinerals

That helps out a lot! Thank you for all of the time that you have taken to help me out today! That means a lot to me and I really appreciate it! I apologize if I am posting these wrong....I am new to that too Smiley Wink Again, thank you very much for everything! <3

QVC Community

@PugMom5 wrote:

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

Hello!

@bareMinerals wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

@PugMom5 wrote:

Hello!

Hello @bareMinerals

Hi again @bareMinerals

Hi @bareMinerals

That helps out a lot! Thank you for all of the time that you have taken to help me out today! That means a lot to me and I really appreciate it! I apologize if I am posting these wrong....I am new to that too Smiley Wink Again, thank you very much for everything! <3

Not a problem @PugMom5! Welcome to bareMinerals and we hope you enjoy the TSV and all the other products we have to offer Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I wish you would explain the mineral veil illuminating, I haven't seen much information on it. I ordered this set last year, and the one thing that I didn't like was the mineral veil was so dark! Is the illuminating different? Last year I ordered a very light shade, but the mineral veil was almost like a bronzer. Please explain!

Highlighted
QVC Community

@homedecorator wrote:

I wish you would explain the mineral veil illuminating, I haven't seen much information on it. I ordered this set last year, and the one thing that I didn't like was the mineral veil was so dark! Is the illuminating different? Last year I ordered a very light shade, but the mineral veil was almost like a bronzer. Please explain!

Hi @homedecorator, the Perfecting Veil in Illuminating is different from the mineral veil in the TSV last year. This is brand new and only available in the TSV. This was createad specifically to be used with bareSkin Foundation. It isn't shade specific and will work on all skin tones.  It blurs and softens the appearance  of skin imperfections like fine lines and wrinkles. This will illuminate and boosts dull skin, soften your appearance, add luminosity while reducing shine. Hope this helps!

Super Contributor

Yes, thank you, this helps a lot! Can you suggest a shade for fair skin with pink undertones? Thank you!

QVC Community

@homedecorator wrote:

Yes, thank you, this helps a lot! Can you suggest a shade for fair skin with pink undertones? Thank you!

Hi @homedecorator, I would suggest Bare Shell if you are in the ight shade family or Bare Satin if you are in the Medium shade family. Please visit our product info page for shade charts and a video on how to pick your shade. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Can you recommend a shade for me?  In complexion rescue I am somewhere in the shades of natural, which tends to be a bit light for me and ginger, which tends to be a bit yellow for me.   I have been known to add a bit of tan to either of them, but generally that would be in the summer months.  Thoughts of which color I should try?