QVC Community

Re: BareMinerals Q & A Chat - May 20th

@Blu40 wrote:

Hi, I was matched in the store to golden fair(to cover redness) but I'm actually fair skin with very little to no yellow(warm tones) at all. I do have redness on my cheeks, chin and nose. So I really need help choosing a color. Would I get vanilla, buttercream ( maybe to yellow) or another color. Please any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hi @Blu40, if you were matched to Golden Fair in our Boutiques, that may be working for your redness because of the yellow tones. Our Complexion Rescue formula is very forgiving on the skin so if you have Fair skin with little to no yellow tones, I would recommend Vanilla since it is perfect for neutral tones. However, if you love Golden Fair because of that neturalizing effect, then I would recommend Buttercream because it does have yellow tones to it.

After reading the posts it seems fairly obvious that people are having trouble choosing a shade for the TSV.  It would be very helpful if when each of the models is on air they would say which shade they are in or that Jessica is putting on them.  I have been watching since this launched and I am no closer to figuring out my shade than I was at midnight.  It would also be helpful if Jessica could speak a little more slowly and point out what the models have on when they are on air instead of just calling out all of their names and what shade they are in. Most of us do not have the models names memorized. I love Bare Minerals and want to be sure to get the correct color. I am so frustrated.

QVC Community

@Melania wrote:

Right now I use the Vanilla but am wondering if it is too light. I have warm undertones and have also tried the Buttercream.

They matched me with the Light in Original but it is almost too orangey on me. But as summer goes on maybe I would want the warmth instead of the pale.

I have been layering Rescue with the Original to get more coverage. I would like a lighter less made up look. Would the mineral veil rescue do that?

Which match better...Light with Buttercream or Vanilla?

Hello @Melania

Based on what you've mentioned, Complexion Rescue in Vanilla would be best suited for your skin tone. It's perfect for Light skin with neutral tones. If you expect to get a bit of a tan with the summer months or maybe just want a tint, Natural would also work for you. It is in our Medium family, but also meant for those with neutral tones. Complexion Rescue is forgiving, so depending on your preference, either of those shades could work for you.

Our Complexion Rescue Advanced Mineral Veil will provide you with just a hint more coverage than using Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream on its own. With the TSV and all the auto-deliveries, we made sure the right Mineral Veil shade is paired with your Foundation shade. 

Hope you enjoy the TSV and the auto-deliveries and let us know if you have any other questions!

Occasional Visitor

I normally wear fairly light foundation, what color do you recommend I order? It would be helpful for others if you had a chart telling what colors are best to wear if you wear certain shades. Please, I really want to order but not sure what color.

QVC Community

@Zadiemay wrote:

After reading the posts it seems fairly obvious that people are having trouble choosing a shade for the TSV.  It would be very helpful if when each of the models is on air they would say which shade they are in or that Jessica is putting on them.  I have been watching since this launched and I am no closer to figuring out my shade than I was at midnight.  It would also be helpful if Jessica could speak a little more slowly and point out what the models have on when they are on air instead of just calling out all of their names and what shade they are in. Most of us do not have the models names memorized. I love Bare Minerals and want to be sure to get the correct color. I am so frustrated.

Hi @Zadiemay - We are more than happy to help with any questions you may have!

We have a Complexion Rescue shade chart which you can find here:

Complexion Rescue Shade Chart

If you are a current bareMinerals Foundation customer or if you could provide us with any type of details about what shade family or tone (cool, neutral, golden) I can help guide you.

QVC Community

@salsacats3 wrote:

I normally wear fairly light foundation, what color do you recommend I order? It would be helpful for others if you had a chart telling what colors are best to wear if you wear certain shades. Please, I really want to order but not sure what color.

Hi @salsacats3, if you are an Original Foundation user in Fairly Light, then Complexion Rescue in Vanilla would be your shade. We also have a shade chart that you can find here on QVC.com:

http://www.qvc.com/footers/hb/pdf/complexion_rescue_shades.pdf

Let us know if you have any other questions!

New Contributor

I usually wear Bare Minerals in colors light and medium beige mixed. I tried the Bare Skin Foundation in Bare Nude and Bare Beige, but they were too dark for me.

Also when I have a little bit of blemishes I use Bare Remedies in Cream 2.

1. Any color suggestions for me?

2. Any concealer to go with the TSV? I bought the blemish remedy in medium and it is a little too yellow and orange. Also the stroke of light in medium suits me well, but sometimes it is a little too dark for my undereye zone.

My skin is a light-medium shade with beige undertones. I have some dark spots, but I prefer a subtle coverage.

Thank you! You Rock!

Valued Contributor

I am afraid I may be in between spice and chestnut. It looks like one will be too light and the other too dark. Not sure what shade to pick. How do I choose?

I wear the fairly medium powder foundation. What shade would you recommend for this?

QVC Community

Posting this Shade Chart to help choose your perfect shade

BaremineralsLogo.JPG

BareMineralslight.JPG

BaremineralsMedium.JPG

BaremineralsTan.JPG

BaremineralsDeep.JPG