Valued Contributor

anyone watching this show on the q and this women who is selling this bagels thinks they look good. that strawberry cream cheese looks gross some kind of pink color which looks gross. and some brown sugar bagel with cholcalte chip gross. sorry but i want some fresh bagels and not some small over priced bagel.

Respected Contributor

They are wildly popular in NYC. Never had them though. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Bantam Bagels

[ Edited ]

Bantam Bagels come in many different varieties.  I first had them in Starbucks before ever seeing them on QVC.  I love them!  I would never eat the strawberry or chocolate chips ones -- I think those are to tempt QVC viewers to buy them for the whole family (kids included).  Those do not look good at all to me.

I buy their Survival Pack, as they are named for QVC.  Their small size is perfect for me, I could never eat an entire bagel, and I was born & raised in NY! Smiley Happy Absolutely delicious!  I have extra cream cheese on hand because my son likes globs of it on his bagels.  I eat them as is, with smoked salmon and fruit, or eggs and bacon, or alone with coffee.  They were a hit at a brunch I had for Mother's Day. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered these months ago and was very disappointed. I requested a refund.

What I received did not resemble what is shown on air - fresh, soft bagel bites stuffed full of cream cheese. There was only a tiny bit of cream cheese in the ones I got and they were, honestly, very dry and stale. They were like old shoe leather. And they were dated, on the bags, 2-1/2 months older than the date I received them - they were baked that far in advance!

Perhaps if you buy them fresh from the bakery they're different, but for me it was just one more example of QVC food offerings being what you see on TV is NOT what you get. I think when any company tries to produce a batch of something by a certain date for QVC, the quality goes waaay down just because it's such a large quantity they have to get out.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

Widely popular in NYC?  I have lived in NYC all my life, and the first time I heard about Bantam Bagels was on QVC.