Honored Contributor

So happy to see BRONZO back on Q. If you purchase the bracelet, additional charms in all 3 colors of bronze are available at Nina Designs. With the the heavier links and lg. lobster claw, I see another charm bracelet in my future.

Honored Contributor

Enjoy!  I'm just not a fan of bronzo, though some of their designs look pretty.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus.  I'm surprised a silversmith would get so excited about the bronze material.  Any particular reason why you like it?  I'm kind of a purist about my metals.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus.  I'm surprised a silversmith would get so excited about the bronze material.  Any particular reason why you like it?  I'm kind of a purist about my metals.

@Kachina624  It is a departure. Silver is very expensive now for jewelry you purchase and the quality just isn’t there. Most of it is made overseas. The BRONZO in white is coated so it doesn’t tarnish and I’ve had many pieces from when it was first shown on Q and been happy w/ how it’s held up. To be able to purchase it w/ gemstones that I like (onyx, labradorite) is a plus.

In general, it looks and feels like silver and no polishing needed. It is considered a “noble metal”, so not junk or costume jewelry. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone noticed “best answer” showing up under some replies? What’s up with that? 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624. I forgot to mention that larger pieces of BRONZO are much lighter to wear. The same heavy links in silver would be uncomfortably heavy if solid silver.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus.  I've gotten some large pieces in sterling which were done in electroform.  I don't mind that as I'm not collecting heirlooms, they're lightweight and they're much less expensive than solid silver.  They have a big, solid look; only I know the truth.

I have a RLM necklace, a big round open circle with a toggle on a leather necklace.  It's the bronze.  In a period of 5 minutes it came loose and fell off 3 times.  I should have returned it but didn't get around to it.  You'd think a great designer like Robert could design a simple toggle....that convinced me he no longer designs the stuff he sells.  I now keep the necklace on by using a tiny bead of the putty used to hang posters.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus.  I've gotten some large pieces in sterling which were done in electroform.  I don't mind that as I'm not collecting heirlooms, they're lightweight and they're much less expensive than solid silver.  They have a big, solid look; only I know the truth.

I have a RLM necklace, a big round open circle with a toggle on a leather necklace.  It's the bronze.  In a period of 5 minutes it came loose and fell off 3 times.  I should have returned it but didn't get around to it.  You'd think a great designer like Robert could design a simple toggle....that convinced me he no longer designs the stuff he sells.  I now keep the necklace on by using a tiny bead of the putty used to hang posters.

@Kachina624  I’m not a fan of toggle closures. Most jewelry designers make the bar a tad too short thinking it’ll be easier to put through, but sacrifice the safety of it holding. I add a bar across the center of the receiving end of the bar. This prevents the bar from slipping back through. You can glue a metal bead on the ends of the bar to lengthen it and keep it from sliding it out. 

Honored Contributor

I love me a good chunky rolo bracelet. I own one in silver and it's heavy and gorgeous with a nice big Senora clasp. It's very similar to the Big Deal bracelet except the links on mine are round, not oval. I might have bought it from the Q years ago...Arte d'Argento I believe it was.  I don't need another rolo bracelet. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan either, a lot of money for jewelry that has no resale value.

Enjoy though.