Trusted Contributor

Do these bulbs really give you 50,000 hours of light?  I find that difficult to believe.  I have bought numerous bulbs that were supposed to last one year and they did not even last two months.  I think they say that just to get you to buy them.

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei.  How would any of us know the answer to your question?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: BRIGHT LIVING BULBS

[ Edited ]

50,000 hours would be like leaving them on 24/7 for almost 6 years. I think that could be believable considering their technology.

The lifespan of LED bulbs can be shortened if they are used in a hot environment, if they get power surges or if they are simply made of defective materials.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

50,000 hours would be like leaving them on 24/7 for almost 6 years. I think that could be believable considering their technology.

The lifespan of LED bulbs can be shortened if they are used in a hot environment, if they get power surges or if they are simply made of defective material.

The ones in our kitchen do not last as long because my husband is constantly turning them off and on.  That causes them to go more quickly, IMHO.

Honored Contributor

Be aware that LEDs come in different colors.....from soft white, to daylight.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Jinlei.  How would any of us know the answer to your question?

I just thought someone may have bought and tried them.  If these are a new product then I am sorry I bothered with the question.

Esteemed Contributor

I never counted but they do come on when we have a power outage.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is off topic for the bulbs you are asking about

...BUT,...........lol yrs ago when they sold those curly light bulbs I bought them and I put them outside in my yard...........10 yrs later they are still working .Even the one that is in the socket that the light sensor is broken. That one has been on 24/7 for 4 yrs.....................lol

these I bought the first time they sold them but I do not know how they will work cause TG I have not lost power since I bought them.

Respected Contributor

I don't know the answer to your question. I do have these type of bulbs from HSN and I am happy to have them. When the power goes off, they say on but eventually start to fade. Mine stay on for about 3 hours. 

Esteemed Contributor

Last year, I bought these lights at HSN.  We have had so little rain. Our area is in intense drought, so we have not had any rain storms since purchase.  But one day, the electricity flashed off and the light did come on.   I also gave one to my neighbors...just in case!