Esteemed Contributor

Just a quick question -  why are they selling leather boots that are only one-half leather?

Today's TSV is the second one QVC has presented with only half being leather.  Is this a new fashion trend?

Trusted Contributor

Not sure if it's a fashion trend, but I don't care for them at all.

Respected Contributor

Maybe its a cost cutting measure? Anyway if this was a poll, I would say not for me.

Respected Contributor

after looking at them i would say, A. to save on cost, and also with the stretch textile it would have more give in the calf, to accomodate more calf sizes

Honored Contributor

The pricing seems high on these boots imo.

Honored Contributor

For me sometimes having some stretch-factor built into a leather item makes all the difference in the world as far a fit is concerned. But this is something I find more acceptable on clothing...not on shoes or boots.

Honored Contributor

For the same reason companies sell shoes that are a mixture of leather and other materials????

But I don't know if it's style or cost or something else.   For me the decision is just do I like the boot and am I willing to pay the price asked.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t like them or the Vince Camuto line.  I liked when he did Nine West and the line was at Kohl’s.  Now they are way over priced.  I like shorter boots.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the use of neoprene.  It is often used in wraps and bandages where it's advantageous to retain heat.  It seems as though the boots would be very hot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think it's a strategy to avoid returns.  Since the boots cannot be tried on, they want to fit as many calves as possible.  The perk (for them) is that it saves money.

I didn't even see a presentation of the boots because wasn't interested.