Esteemed Contributor

Anyone have any comments about the BLINK TSV that is being offered today? .... is it as good as they are making it seem? .... I am really thinking about ordering it & was looking for some comments.  THANKS SO MUCH!!

Honored Contributor

In the meantime, you can research online for reviews of the TSV Blink model.  Consider checking Consumer Reports as well as YouTube reviews.  A video review by a "real customer" user is worth a thousand words. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

In the meantime, you can research online for reviews of the TSV Blink model.  Consider checking Consumer Reports as well as YouTube reviews.  A video review by a "real customer" user is worth a thousand words. 

THANKS!!!!! 😄

Esteemed Contributor

I can't comment on the Blink cams specifically but in my research I have found that if you do not have a reliably fast internet connection (2mbps minimum upload speed) the live view and notifications can be problematic.

I have a Ring stick up cam but live in a rural area with slow internet and while still usable there are delays.  The cams stream to the cloud which then sends the data to your devices.  I got around the problem by using my 4G LTE hotspot for the cam.  Not an inexpensive fix.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I know it doesn't have night vision.  In other words unless there is some kind of light (low or otherwise) it doesn't work.

I have a nest.  It is set so that when I go down my driveway, it turns on.  It has night vision and I can see and hear.  I have two of them set up so they cover the front door, the sliding back door and garage door (if you go down the steps it picks it up).

My son-in-law set it up for me.  He set it up for his parents (they cruise and are never home).   When my cats walk down the steps toward the front door and I'm not home it tells me.  When I was in rehab for my knees I was able to talk to them and my friend that fed them.  There was no wait, it happened right away.

Everyone likes something different.  I was going to get this one too, but I decided I didn't want to take a chance of the thing video taping me running around ......well you know...

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I know it doesn't have night vision.  In other words unless there is some kind of light (low or otherwise) it doesn't work.

Apparently it has a light that comes on when it detects motion, so it can work at night. 

Honored Contributor

I called QVC and went on the internet and googled it.  I also went to Amazon to check out what people said about it.  If you read it it doesn't say night vision, it says something like low light.  Yes, the light shows you it is on but if the lights are all out it doesn't come on or if it does you can't see it.

The nest I have comes on in total darkness.  You see she just said it lights up but if you ask if all of the lights are out that light doesn't act like it is going to throw light everywhere so you can see beyond any distance.  Just saying.

Honored Contributor

I have a fast internet connection, so I ordered this. I've been wanting something like this for a long time.

I have two motivations...I want to monitor an area where my cat goes during the day when I'm not home, and I also want front door monitoring, since I get a lot of deliveries during the day, while I'm out. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: The Blink security cameras, when it's a really low, killer price like this, it usually means they are getting rid of stock because they are coming out with a better, new improved model.

I know when I bought my Dyson vacuum on QVC at a really low price, (the mfg. wanted to get rid of their stock) wouldn't you know it, they came out with the cordless model, which I would have preferred.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I called QVC and went on the internet and googled it.  I also went to Amazon to check out what people said about it.  If you read it it doesn't say night vision, it says something like low light.  Yes, the light shows you it is on but if the lights are all out it doesn't come on or if it does you can't see it.

The nest I have comes on in total darkness.  You see she just said it lights up but if you ask if all of the lights are out that light doesn't act like it is going to throw light everywhere so you can see beyond any distance.  Just saying.

From their website...   http://support.blinkforhome.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2081880-how-do-i-configure-my-camera-to-...