Trusted Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@mimomof4 

I have had the Blink cameras for a year. I got a ring doorbell for Xmas. I should have done more research. You can't see the ring recordings at all unless you pay the monthly fee. That's ridiculous. I could see charging to store them longer than a few days. But you can't see them at all? So it's pretty much just live view. I'd pay the monthly fee but like you said it's the principal. Blink stores them for a while & so does my Amazon key cameras. 

@Tribesters That is what I felt about the Ring Camera.  Even though it was a small fee it was the principal of paying that I was againt.  When it was presented on QVC at the time I ordered this was not mentioned.  I've had it for a few years.  Maybe they added it later.  I recently found out that Blink has also changed their format as well which requires payment but those of us who had accounts prior to the change are grandfathered in.  These days most people don't think twice about paying $3-10 per month for something but all of these little costs add up.