Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

BELL & Howell Sonic bug eradocator.

I bought these about 2 years ago. Only to find out The cost. Was being sued for faulty product. Couldn't believe CVS was selling. I let it go then.
I saw this item being sold a few months back again. You plug them in for spiders,mice, rats. I have an infestation on huge spiders in condo attic above my bedroom. I am petrified of these things.
I have sprayed,called Co but zip.
Wondering if new B&H plug ins are better and work to get rid of these things? Have any of you used them with success? I sleep with lights on and condo won't do anything. Please help.
Frequent Contributor

Re: BELL & Howell Sonic bug eradocator.

I'm sorry I meant to say Bell & Howell was being sued. And that it was QVC not CVS selling them again. Could not find correction button.
Honored Contributor

@Tigerfish2 wrote:
I bought these about 2 years ago. Only to find out The cost. Was being sued for faulty product. Couldn't believe CVS was selling. I let it go then.
I saw this item being sold a few months back again. You plug them in for spiders,mice, rats. I have an infestation on huge spiders in condo attic above my bedroom. I am petrified of these things.
I have sprayed,called Co but zip.
Wondering if new B&H plug ins are better and work to get rid of these things? Have any of you used them with success? I sleep with lights on and condo won't do anything. Please help.

call an exterminator 

Trusted Contributor

I don't know if that product can help. My advice, if the condo won't send an exterminator, for the price of your peace of mind, hire your own exterminator and get the problem solved. Once a spider habitat or nest is eradicated they don't come back. If you figure in the savings of not buying this product (which might not work)  plus the savings on your electric bill because you can finally turn the lights off, you can afford an exterminator visit!  It only takes a professional one visit to solve this. 

Skip the gadgets. Hire someone with a license to kill. 

Honored Contributor

At one time the Federal Trade Commission considered taking these gadgets off the market but backed down for some reason.  Don't waste your money. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

My mom bought them and gave some to me. I put one in the garage next to a window where spiders like to congregate.

Did absolutely nothing. Don’t bother with them.
Trusted Contributor

@Tigerfish2  I can't stand rodents.  Call an exterminator.  I have an exterminator come to my house once a month.  I have bait stations on the outside and inside of my house.  The ones on the outside are always empty of the bait when the tech checks them.   

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for all your help. I see these gadgets are worthless. Seems like condo would be responsible. It's their attic but they come down the inside wall and eat the stuff around windows to get it. They stay at the window and fornication. Trying to remove my fan on ceiling now to get thru easier.
I. Going to call Orkin and see what they can do before they get me. No way to live. Drill a hole and spray poison up there. I'm jumpy all the time now.
Honored Contributor

Those things that zap bugs on the patio work, but I doubt if the inside things work. I'd have an exterminator spray the spider problem away.

@Tigerfish2  if you hit the three little dots on the upper right of your post, it will give you the option to Edit your post. I have to use it when my auto fill uses an incorrect word or I spell something wrong.

Honored Contributor

when we moved into this house I had no idea what these were.  they were in every room -- then my friend told me what they're used for ..

well obviously after months seeing small gnats, etc. I said "trash".

now my exterminator does the real job every 3 months and in FL we have more bugs then I like to think about!!!  They are everywhere even if your house is spotless they still find a way in. Smiley Sad