Contributor

BE AWARE - when you pre-order a TSV

I pre-ordered yesterday’s wreath TSV on Sunday, based off of an email I received inviting me to do so. These wreaths had free shipping on air and online yesterday.  My order was shipped yesterday.  Today I look and see that I’ve been charged $5.50 for S&H.  Called CS and they removed it only after I was told that it wasn’t on free s&h Sunday - which is ridiculous and I said so. She also would not refund the tax charged for that. My advice is to be sure and check what you’re charged for every item, but especially anything you pre-order. And I’ll note that the CS rep did not apologize for this happening but made me feel like I was getting a refund I didn’t deserve.

Respected Contributor

Re: BE AWARE - when you pre-order a TSV

There are very nice CS reps and then there are the not so nice CS reps when trying to handle a situation over the phone.  I have experienced both--I just stand my ground in a nice manner when I called CS.  I seem to have better experience with CS via email using qvcsocialteam@qvc.com; you have the opportunity to better explain/express your situation thoroughly in the written word without CS hearing distress and it is usually a pleasant interaction.  I do not call CS now, only communicate through email.

Contributor

Thank you for that suggestion!

Esteemed Contributor

I’m so tired of the way they do business.  They offer free exchanges.  What they don’t tell you is if they sell out you can’t exchange so you get charged return shipping.  Also HSN is now charging tax when they’ve never done if ordered online.  ******.

Frequent Contributor

Thsnks fir the heads up about preordering a TSV.
My experience with exchanges has been quite good. Unfortunately one time the item I wanted was out of stock but I got a full refund, shipping and all.
Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I’m so tired of the way they do business.  They offer free exchanges.  What they don’t tell you is if they sell out you can’t exchange so you get charged return shipping.  Also HSN is now charging tax when they’ve never done if ordered online.  ******.

@barrel racer, you have to blame your state for the tax, not HSN. 

Honored Contributor

@DeDe56 wrote:

I pre-ordered yesterday’s wreath TSV on Sunday, based off of an email I received inviting me to do so. These wreaths had free shipping on air and online yesterday.  My order was shipped yesterday.  Today I look and see that I’ve been charged $5.50 for S&H.  Called CS and they removed it only after I was told that it wasn’t on free s&h Sunday - which is ridiculous and I said so. She also would not refund the tax charged for that. My advice is to be sure and check what you’re charged for every item, but especially anything you pre-order. And I’ll note that the CS rep did not apologize for this happening but made me feel like I was getting a refund I didn’t deserve.

This stuff so ticks me off! Thanks for the heads' up.!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I have always paid tax at both QVC and HSN.  (goes back to the late 90's)  I do find now though that HSN doesn't have nearly as many items on free shipping as they did before the new company.