Regular Contributor

Re: BD Upcoming TSV ~ A367544 (Petite)

Wanted the Rosewood too in petite !   Will not order last year's regular length as I read this only will work with heels -- I am 5'4"-- plus one reviewer said the material felt like she was wearing a wet blanket and returned (this is from the regular length reviews).   

Super Contributor

@giraffe77 wrote:

Wanted the Rosewood too in petite !   Will not order last year's regular length as I read this only will work with heels -- I am 5'4"-- plus one reviewer said the material felt like she was wearing a wet blanket and returned (this is from the regular length reviews).   

I have to laugh at some reviews.  I have about 10 Barefoot Dreams cardis in all shapes, sizes, and fabrications.  Not one is even close to feeling like a wet blanket.  They are amazing and luxurious.  I love each one of them and get so many compliments every time I wear them.  My kids a school can't stop touching them when I wear them.  LOL!  Just give it a try and you will see.  You can always exchange for free or just return it.  Or go to Nordies to see the the brand in person first.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Beeweaver I don't own any BD items but I am interested in this cardi in either Garnet or Olive. Can you tell me if they shed/pill? 

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Beeweaver I don't own any BD items but I am interested in this cardi in either Garnet or Olive. Can you tell me if they shed/pill? 

@DJs mom, I ordered 2 of a TSV open front short sleeve cardi over the summer.  One of the colors was perfect.  The other one shed like crazy and still sheds.  I waited way too long to wear it to find that out but it's basically unwearable due to shedding.  I have washed it thinking that would help but it didn't.

It is the one and only BFD item that has ever shed like this.  As I read the reviews, it seems I'm not the only one with this problem in this color.

I would definitely recommend you try this but make sure to wear it and see how it does for you.  If there is excessive shedding, I think it could be returned as defective.

I've never had a pilling issue.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DJs mom wrote:

I have not experienced that with all of mine.  If it did shed, it might be a little but after a wash or two, I'm sure it would be fine.  Also, pilling is caused by friction.  I have not had any issues with that.  But, I wash mine in a large garment bag and dry for about 10 minutes on low by itself and then air dry on a rack or hanger (depending if I want it a little longer).  I don't let it spin with other clothes which could cause pilling on any sweater.  I've always taken care of all my clothes like that and I don't have problems with pilling.  I work part time at a retail clothing chain and that is what I tell all my customers.  They never have a problem with pilling.  Also, "the dryer is not your friend".  I never dry my clothes all the way in the dryer.  Just a few minutes and then hang to dry or put on a drying rack. I don't want shrinkage and the dryer is hard on clothes in general.  My clothes always wear very well that way.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Lipstickdiva @Beeweaver. I think I'm going to order one in the olive color.

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@DJs mom, I ordered 2 of a TSV open front short sleeve cardi over the summer.  One of the colors was perfect.  The other one shed like crazy and still sheds.  I waited way too long to wear it to find that out but it's basically unwearable due to shedding.  I have washed it thinking that would help but it didn't.

It is the one and only BFD item that has ever shed like this.  As I read the reviews, it seems I'm not the only one with this problem in this color.

I would definitely recommend you try this but make sure to wear it and see how it does for you.  If there is excessive shedding, I think it could be returned as defective.

I've never had a pilling issue.  

I would contact Barefoot Dreams themselves and tell them the problem  you are having.  I'm sure they will make it right.

Valued Contributor

Telling the regulars to order the petite if they don't want it so long = BFD petite sizes are shorter in length only.  Yeah.  That's not really how it works but good to know.  

Honored Contributor

On air it looks like an open bathrobe. I was surprised when the host said it can be as dressy as you want or as business as you want. 

Frequent Contributor

In this case I think that is actually the case. I ordered the regular length last year and returned becuse I did not like the length. I am 5'6. So I ordered the petite this time and so I happy I did. It is perfect and fit exactly the same as the regular. 

I ordeded three of them, great length and hits right the knee on me.