Contributor

Re: Attitudes by Renne set of 2 Jersey maxi dresses

@Icegoddess wrote:

@CHEX wrote:

Icegoddess- you are right; Colleen always say she wears a medium (8-10). I have never noticed any disclaimer's for Renee's clothes...so you should be good with whatever size you typicaly wear from the Q.

@CHEX , that's the problem.  I generally don't buy clothes from the Q.  the only clothing I have ever bought has been Dennis Basso coats.  

If you read the reviews from her past sets of maxi dresses, customers say they ran large.

Contributor

I agree with @elated.  Maxi dresses on petite women generally aren't the most flattering, nor are large prints.  Renee lost a few credibility points as a fashion expert when I saw the same large prints offered in the petite sizes.  Even the polka dots are big!  If you can wear these dresses, though, they do look very comfortable!

Respected Contributor

I am short and I find maxi dresses as well as other longer items (tall shaft boots, over knee boots, long cardigans) have an elongating effect on me. I look a little taller and slimmer. Conversely, short things sometimes tend to make me look chopped up. I guess everyone is different! I can’t wait to get these dresses and see how they fit.

Honored Contributor

@LAPG wrote:

I agree with @elated.  Maxi dresses on petite women generally aren't the most flattering, nor are large prints.  Renee lost a few credibility points as a fashion expert when I saw the same large prints offered in the petite sizes.  Even the polka dots are big!  If you can wear these dresses, though, they do look very comfortable!

I thnk it depends on how they fit.  A baggy maxi dress is going to look a lot less flattering than a fitted maxi dress.  If I feel it's too long, I can always hem it.  Also, depends on if you wear heels with it.  As far as the print go, I would not consider the polka dots nor the tropical print to be large prints.  

Honored Contributor

I am not a maxi dress person, and most of the prints are too much for me so I am not buying. 

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I am short and I find maxi dresses as well as other longer items (tall shaft boots, over knee boots, long cardigans) have an elongating effect on me. I look a little taller and slimmer. Conversely, short things sometimes tend to make me look chopped up. I guess everyone is different! I can’t wait to get these dresses and see how they fit.

@Grouchomarx, I can only dream of wearing over-the-knee boots.  I love the look of them, but I have "athletic" calves.  Really, my legs are just pretty much tree trunks, so any boots are a problem for me.  Funny, it didn't used to be that way and I have always had these legs.  I've always been a boot fan ad years ago I never hesitated to buy my size without having to try on first, but not now.  Now, sleeves are getting skinnier too.  

Respected Contributor

I posted on the other discussion of these dresses. They did look great on Leah, but I would have liked the dresses to have sleeves to the elbow or at least the middle of the upper arm. 

If the polka dots had been offered in navy or black, I might have ordered.   Brown is not my best color.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Grouchomarx, I can only dream of wearing over-the-knee boots.  I love the look of them, but I have "athletic" calves.  Really, my legs are just pretty much tree trunks, so any boots are a problem for me.  Funny, it didn't used to be that way and I have always had these legs.  I've always been a boot fan ad years ago I never hesitated to buy my size without having to try on first, but not now.  Now, sleeves are getting skinnier too.  

I can sympathize with your boot issues, my very good friend has the same problem. She’s done well with ones that have elastic goring in them. There are lots of wide calf boots out there, have you ever tried them? As for small or no sleeves, I kind of hate my arms but I decided to just bite the bullet and get these dresses and it is what it is. Life’s too short to stress over it! 

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I can sympathize with your boot issues, my very good friend has the same problem. She’s done well with ones that have elastic goring in them. There are lots of wide calf boots out there, have you ever tried them? As for small or no sleeves, I kind of hate my arms but I decided to just bite the bullet and get these dresses and it is what it is. Life’s too short to stress over it! 

@Grouchomarx, I'm not a fan of the elasting goring.  Also, whenever I see the wide calf boots they're just not as becoming, but I guess I should try if I could find some locally.  I don't want to have to send them back somewhere.  I have a paiir of black riding boots with quilted uppers that I was able to buy something called Boot Bands which is a panel that zips in.  Of course, black is easy to match.  Any other color, the boot bands would be more obvious.  

When I was referring to small sleeves, I'm talking about long sleeves being too tight.  It started for me with Under Armour, but now I'm finding it more and more.  I don't hate my upper arms, but I'm quite cold natured, so I'll probably wear a black shrug with the dress.  I don't like spaghetti straps on me at all though.  I'm just not skinny enough in the upper body for that.  But, I guess it doesn't matter since I would probably put a shrug over it anyways.

Occasional Contributor

Hi, I  wear a medium in Renee's pants and tops can be xl or 1x.  Should I order up for bust measurements or hip?  I am 44C in bra measurement.  I have bird legs and more of a tummy.  Still losing weight.  thanks for help.  I love Renee's clothing line and they last forever for me.  I dont' think anyone will be disappointed especially if you get the correct size.  Good price for two dresses as well.  Smiley Happy