Trusted Contributor

please ask the powers that be to put the shipping prices back on the site...it is ridiculous to have to put an item in cart to see shipping

Honored Contributor

Q is intentionally hiding shipping costs until items are in the cart. While buyers are responsible for knowing what those costs are before buying, it's just another trick. I call it unethical at worst. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Attention QVC IT team

[ Edited ]

All other retail sites where I shop, and I shop at many, never reveal the shipping costs until you are checking out of your Cart and ready to Checkout.  I only see s/h with the initial item page on other TV shopping sites.  

S/h at Checkout:

Nordstrom

Chicos

Macy's

JJill

Land's End

Anthropologie

Dillards

etc.

It seems QVC is just getting in line with other online retailers.  A change some may not like?  Yes.  

But nothing shady or unethical about it at all.

Respected Contributor

Reason 923 for me to not shop the Q site.

Ridiculous to not show shipping costs up front.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper You are absolutely correct. You can add 6pm.com and Costco to that list. So many here like to sing the praises of Amazon. But, if you didn't pay that yearly high prime fee, the shipping is not revealed until the item is in your cart. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

All other retail sites where I shop, and I shop at many, never reveal the shipping costs until you are checking out of your Cart and ready to Checkout.  I only see s/h with the initial item page on other TV shopping sites.  

S/h at Checkout:

Nordstrom

Chicos

Macy's

JJill

Land's End

Anthropologie

Dillards

etc.

It seems QVC is just getting in line with other online retailers.  A change some may not like?  Yes.  

@Caaareful Shopper.  It may not be illegal but it's more than a little shady.  All fees should be revealed upfront except tax which must be computer on the total.

Just 'cause everybody's doing it, doesn't make it right.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Reason 923 for me to not shop the Q site.

Ridiculous to not show shipping costs up front.

Then that will limit your places to shop as I agree with the others.

The majority of sites I shop, do NOT show shipping til checkout.

Add to the list:

Kiffle Bakery

Strawberry Hill

I see this MANY places...

Availability: Made To Order

Weight:  40.00 Ounces

Shipping:  Calculated at Checkout

Do I like it?  NO, but that's the way of it these days.

I will always delete if the cost is not to my liking and I have.

Super Contributor

S/h at Checkout:

Nordstrom

Chicos

Macy's

JJill

Land's End

Anthropologie

Dillards

etc.

I always get FREE SHIPPING when I order from Land's End, Chico's, Dillards, etc.

Respected Contributor

Re: Attention QVC IT team

[ Edited ]

It's true, all the online retailers are doing it but why would QVC change something that was already working for the customers.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

S/h at Checkout:

Nordstrom

Chicos

Macy's

JJill

Land's End

Anthropologie

Dillards

etc.

@Caaareful Shopper.  It may not be illegal but it's more than a little shady.  All fees should be revealed upfront except tax which must be computer on the total.

Just 'cause everybody's doing it, doesn't make it right.

@Kachina624  But whose definition of "up front?"  If s/h is indeed listed before you click Checkout, that's up front.    Just because it's not listed on the item description page doesn't make it shady to me at all.  

I care much more about the fact that QVC charges s/h for each individual item.  Unlike other sites that charge one s/h fee for the total.