Respected Contributor

Re: Are you Serious, Dooney?

Prada sells saffiano leather wallets and bags starting at $700 and $2,000 respectively so the Dooney TSV is a real bargain if you love this type of leather.  I love the silhouette of this bag but don't care for the leather so it's a no go for me. . 

Occasional Contributor

Agree, but then I'm thinking that about a lot of things today and yesterday. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was looking for a new bag and "tried out" several Dooney bags at local stores.  I went so far as to fill the store's Donney with my own purse's stuff.  Those purses were so heavy!  No way would I be able to carry such weight!   And I want organization - not one big center hole! And the cost - even with the Q's TSV.  Just not something I would buy..

Respected Contributor

Regarding the conversation about "returns" for I love Dooney

They do accept returns for a handbag you might have changed your mind on, (returned a few)

but

They do not accept "trade in's", maybe that's what someone was referring to?

Valued Contributor

I saw posts here all the time complaining about Dooney being heavy.  I have many, many of their handbags.  However, last time I traveled. my Dooney became so heavy that I actually bought another purse in Spain that was lighter and easier to carry while sightseeing and enjoying the museums.

This Dooney?  I really don't care for it.  The two-tone look, those weird purse handles, and the stiffness that I observed durng the presentation last night really turned me off.

I hate to be a "nay sayer" but this is my all-time least favorite Dooney.

Respected Contributor

I must be one of the few people around who likes some Saffiano leather . . .

Esteemed Contributor

A290469 is a most unattractive Dooney TSV handbag. The handles won't go over the shoulder, there's no separate shoulder strap. The light colored leather trim just looks cheap. This bag looks like a QVC special (and that isn't a compliment either).

Valued Contributor

@corita wrote:

I was looking for a new bag and "tried out" several Dooney bags at local stores.  I went so far as to fill the store's Donney with my own purse's stuff.  Those purses were so heavy!  No way would I be able to carry such weight!   And I want organization - not one big center hole! And the cost - even with the Q's TSV.  Just not something I would buy..

They are SUPER heavy. I have a large florentine leather satchel - LOOOOVE how it looks but the thing weighs probably 5 pounds before i even put anything in it. I rarely use it... but it sure is pretty lol. That TSV was *not* even good to look at. I love dooney bags but the ones they make for QVC are not modern looking.

Respected Contributor

I have a different opinion; I love my Ralph Lauren Saffiano leather bag.  In fact, it is my favorite bag that I keep going back to.  I have a lot of Dooney leather bags but they are just too heavy and some seem bulky.  The Saffiano is structured, leather has held up beautifully, and I just love it.  Everyone has their own opinion and that is why we have so many choices!

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

I must be one of the few people around who likes some Saffiano leather . . .

@jonbon

i like it also......have a few items in the saffiano leather.

it feels nothing like "plastic" to me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein