Valued Contributor

Are the David's cookies a good deal?

I am cookie hungry since we had to stay home. But it has warmed up here quite a bit and I worry about the effect of the heat on the dough. Is anyone planning on trying them?

Valued Contributor

Re: Are the David's cookies a good deal?

I don’t know about being a good value, I don’t make cookies. But I wouldn’t worry about the shipping. The description says their packed in dry ice.

I get frozen food deliveries the same way and I’ve never had an issue. They’ve even been dropped off just after 8AM in the Mid-West summer and sat until almost 6PM several times.
Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC  No, I not buying.  If you the best cookie ever, try Carol's cookies in Northbrook, IL.   I was first introduced to them at Neiman Marcus and they are also at Whole Foods.  They are biggest, most deliciouus cookie ever.  Many flavors.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well they are about thirty-four cents a cookie. Being they are shipped in dry ice, you could try one of the options.

Respected Contributor

I have not ordered food items...what happens if you don't like them? Can you send partially used (not eaten) food items back such as snacks, baked goods, meats, etc?  Just seems weird to me...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, you can not send back food items. You need to call customer service and let them know you were not satistied and they will refund your money.

I've only done it once with crab cakes years ago.

Valued Contributor

I have bought the David's Cookies before. I bought when there was an offer of 192 cookies. I do not remember the price. There were a few combinations and they all included the chocolate chip. We bought the chocolate chip with the oatmeal raisin. 

They are not big cookies but they are not bad. It is a nice way to end the evening because we will put a few in the toaster over and in about 10 minutes or so we have a few warm cookies.

They arrived frozen and I keep the ones that we still have in the freezer. Thank goodness for the extra freezer at this time.

Contributor

I saw them this morning and gave in.  I work two jobs right now and don't have time to bake from scratch very often.  These will be nice to pop in the oven as I only like to make a dozen at a time else we eat too many!  I got the combo because I like the varity.  I like the looks of the sprinkle cookes.  Plus it is free shipping.  In regards to being unsatisfied, through the years I have received food items we didn't like and I just called customer service and they gave me a credit.  Very easy.  No problems.  However, I have only had to do that twice in the past 20 years.

Trusted Contributor

I do not purchase food on line, there's always... what if?

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

The cookies might be okay but their little cakes were awful. I buy the Schwans frozen chocolate chip premade cookie dough which is pretty cheap and they are good.