Honored Contributor

Are Basso Teddy Bears baby safe?

I could pick up a few shower gifts if they are!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are Basso Teddy Bears baby safe?

@violann wrote:

I could pick up a few shower gifts if they are!

Hi Violann.  It's a good question and although they haven't really said during the on-air persentation, I did notice that there are button eyes which IMO really doesn't make them baby safe.  They did, however, mention that the bear is machine washable as well as the blanket so perhaps if the child is a little older and you didn't have to worry about the eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

I doubt if child safe - but some how DB's bears just aren't cute.  Usually you go AHHH over a stuffed (whatever) but these just are not attractive in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I might buy the throw but don't want the bear and certainly don't want to be paying for it.

Respected Contributor

I doubt it, that set isn't really meant for kids.  However, I do think it's a great gift for a new mom.  The bear is a decorator item, something to put on a shelf or the dresser,  The throw itself would be ideal for mom (or dad) to snuggle  into with the baby while theysit in a rocker or snuggle on the couch.  It's little pricey for something I intend to put away until I need it for a shower or christening.  But I'm thinking about it. 

Honored Contributor

@fthuntlol -  I like the bears better than the throws -  somehow I think a fur throw here in southern Florida would be ridiculous and maybe that's part of my feelings about it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think they are child-safe, due to the button eyes.  I bought last year's TSV for myself, and didn't want the bear, but wouldn't give it away because I thought it was not safe.

Wish this year he had included the pillow, instead of the bear.  If he had, I would have bought this TSV.

Valued Contributor

If they are "safety eyes" they might be ok but only the vedor could clarify that. I probably would not give it to a child under 3 just to be safe.

Frequent Contributor

would have been better to make the teddy bear an optional combo.  IMO

Honored Contributor

I bought one of these throws last year without a bear. Pretty, but too hot, and therefore I can't use it. I prefer cotton.