Honored Contributor

Re: Aran Craft TSV - 33rd Annual St. Patrick's Day

@HLP wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

A wool sweater without closures? Dumb and cheap.

I love open front sweaters. Who buttons a sweater when they wear it? See ,, not everyone feels like you. I have many of their beautiful sweaters. , wear them, but have never wore one buttoned up.

I get your point, @HLP.  I don't always wear a cardigan buttoned either, but at this price I'd like the option.   Who knows, maybe it'll end up giving the TSV a try.  Still thinking. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP : in answer to your question- I do.

Aran wool sweaters would be outerwear for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Lovely sweater, pretty shade of green.  However, when I need to wear my Aran sweaters, it's to ward off the chill in the air.  I would have preferred some type of closure. 

Trusted Contributor

Last year was nothing but sweaters. I didn’t like it. I bought my first Irish sweater in army green and love it but I’m not going to collect them. I wish the TSV was not a sweater.
Valued Contributor

I like the Aran sweater. But I figure that each person has a clothing ideas that are personal to them. 

Regular Contributor

I don't own any of these but I do love natural fibers.  However, I really don't want to purchase anything that I have to dry-clean only anymore.  Really trying to avoid unnecessary chemicals.  Otherwise, I would probably check it out (in parsnip).  Has anyone who already owns these tried hand washing or some other method with success?  Probably too much shrinkage for that to work.

Respected Contributor

@indiepup wrote:

I don't own any of these but I do love natural fibers.  However, I really don't want to purchase anything that I have to dry-clean only anymore.  Really trying to avoid unnecessary chemicals.  Otherwise, I would probably check it out (in parsnip).  Has anyone who already owns these tried hand washing or some other method with success?  Probably too much shrinkage for that to work.

Yes!  I wash all my Irish knits and dry flat on a towel. They come out beautifully with no shrinkage.  You just need a place to dry them. 

Honored Contributor

Blarney Woolen Mills is running a sale.  I think it ends Saturday 

Respected Contributor

Seems the timing is off for a wool sweater.  I know it is ST. Patricks day but this would have been a better offer in November or December.  Could have had irish perfume or jewelry.

Regular Contributor

thanks so much @nyc1