Occasional Contributor

Approximately when is the Christmas computer TSV?

Does anyone know approximately when the computer TSV for Christmas is?  I’m in need of a new laptop and I know those are usually good deals.  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Approximately when is the Christmas computer TSV?

There are excellent sales now on laptops for the back-to-school season. Places that are actual stores like Best Buy, Micro Center, even Walmart are showing deep discounts on good technology.

Going to a place you can get professional advice and see what you’re buying is probably far superior than buying a shopping channel’s bargain package at Christmas.

Sales are as good now or better than waiting for Christmas because there is a wider variety of pricepoints and models to choose from.

If you need to replace your laptop and still want to purchase via an online retailer, you’d still do better shopping where the volume of computer sales are high so the inventory is not full of discontinued models. That would be those mentioned above plus Amazon and B&H. 

QVC offers of Christmas computers should be your last choice of where and when to buy. The sales packages made up of extras and accessories drive up the costs and have little impact on the quality of the computer itself. You get an under-featured model in cute colors and more stuff you probably now own if you already have a laptop. 

Back to school and graduation sales are the top opportunities for really good savings on any kinds of laptops. It’s too late for graduation time, but jump on the offerings right now and for maybe into September.  

There have been so many many complaints about the computers  themselves being DOA or malfunctioning and the shipping hassles from QVC at Christmas, it’s worth abandoning your pursuit of a Christmas TSV for a laptop. 

Honored Contributor

@viviantheone 

ITA agree with @gizmogal .  Why wait for a possible TSV when there are so many other places to shop for electronics??  

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal 

I agree with your very informative post!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.  I’m just computer buying dumb and rely on their explanation of the system, but I will take your advice.  Thank you.  

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, @gizmogal 

That's so well stated and worth sharing!

This type of question repeats every few months. I hope you won't mind if I insert a link to your above reply when the same question comes up in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the OP. When buying electronics from a TV shopping channel you are getting yesterday’s technology today plus a lot of useless stuff added on that drives up the price with junk you either don’t need or don’t want. Check out Costco, Walmart, Best Buy etc.