Trusted Contributor

Apple Mac Air TSV - Does the Vendor have a Blog on this?

I was wondering if there was a blog on this, with questions from potential buyers?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Apple Mac Air TSV - Does the Vendor have a Blog on this?

[ Edited ]

@Himi loverwrote:

I was wondering if there was a blog on this, with questions from potential buyers?

Hi Himi ... you can check MacRumors..that has a Mac Blog.   Also, if you check and question & answer section of the QVC page you will see several questions asked and answered.  One thing in particular is that this is a 2011 discontinued model of the MacBook Air.  And the price is outrageous for a discontinued model.  I would suggest going directly to Apple if you are interested in purchasing the MacBook Air.  The newest MacBook Air model on the Apple website is only about $50.00 more than the TVS.  

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collectorwrote:

@Himi loverwrote:

Hi Himi ... you can check MacRumors..that has a Mac Blog.   Also, if you check and question & answer section of the QVC page you will see several questions asked and answered.  One thing in particular is that this is a 2011 discontinued model of the MacBook Air.  And the price is outrageous for a discontinued model.  I would suggest going directly to Apple if you are interested in purchasing the MacBook Air.  The newest MacBook Air model on the Apple website is only about $50.00 more than the TVS.  

@Boehm Collector

Are you talking about the 13”?  I’ve been on the Apple site. I was thinking I might like a larger screen. I see they have the 12”, for $1200. Don’t know if I want to spend that much. Thank you so much. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Himi loverwrote:

@Boehm Collector

Are you talking about the 13”?  I’ve been on the Apple site. I was thinking I might like a larger screen. I see they have the 12”, for $1200. Don’t know if I want to spend that much. Thank you so much. 

@Himi lover .. the 13" starts at $999.00 and there is no 12" on the Apple website.

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector

The 12” is just called MacBook. Do you know the difference?  I’m clueless when it comes to Macs. I have a mini iPad which i love but I hate pecking away one ltr at a time. Don’t want a detachable keyboard.  Want to just type. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Himi loverwrote:

@Boehm Collector

The 12” is just called MacBook. Do you know the difference?  I’m clueless when it comes to Macs. I have a mini iPad which i love but I hate pecking away one ltr at a time. Don’t want a detachable keyboard.  Want to just type. 

Hi @Himi lover .. you need to check out the specifications on the Apple website.  But I think  the MacBook Air is not a fast/powerful as the MacBook.  I also think the MacBook Air does not have retina display.

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector

Yes, I was looking at the specs and the MacBook is definitely better, I just have to ask myself do I want to spend $1200 vs $1000?  I mainly just do email and am on the web. I’m retired. You’ve been so helpful and I appreciate it. Maybe I should just call them. I currently have an HP 15.5 touchscreen. But am having lots of problems with it, bought in 2013. Because I never used it just my mini. I like the Apple format better. Or, do I just get a smaller PC?

Esteemed Contributor

@Himi loverwrote:

@Boehm Collector

Yes, I was looking at the specs and the MacBook is definitely better, I just have to ask myself do I want to spend $1200 vs $1000?  I mainly just do email and am on the web. I’m retired. You’ve been so helpful and I appreciate it. Maybe I should just call them. I currently have an HP 15.5 touchscreen. But am having lots of problems with it, bought in 2013. Because I never used it just my mini. I like the Apple format better. Or, do I just get a smaller PC?

@Himi lover .. that is a decision you have to make.  I have a MacBook Pro which I love.  Never had a MacBook Air ... but if all you are going to do is email and search the web the MacBook Air is probably a better fit for you  IMHO. But it's a good idea to contact Apple.  Hope you are happy with whatever you decide.  As far as I am concerned Apple makes the best products.  

Contributor

If you have questions go to Apple's website and have a live chat.  But you should know that the hardware QVC is offering today is 3 years old so Apple might not be able to help you.  If youre intersted in the Macbook Air, the current 13 inch model is on sale today at Best Buy for $749 - which is $250 off the regular $999 price.  Unless youre desperate for Easy Pay, I would not pay $1000 for a device thats 3 years old.  IT makes very little sense.  

Contributor

The current 13 inch Macbook Air 128gb is on sale today at Best Buy for $749.  QVC Electronics are usually not a deal as they are overpriced with cheap accessories or are old technology and hardware.  I wouldnt recommend anyone buy this TSV.  I understand some people like QVC for the Easy Pay, which I can understand, but do you really want to pay more for a device thats been discontinued and is 3 years old?  And if you have questions about Macbook Air go to Apple - not QVC or some strangeer in a forum.  If you go to Apple's website, they have live chat with sales consultants who I would trust more than QVC.  Just remember this is not the current model