Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Apple Mac Air TSV - Does the Vendor have a Blog on this?

The 13 inch Macbook Pro is on sale at Best Buy for Presdients Day at $250 off so its only $749.  Thats a good deal.  Im always surprised people on the internet dont use the internet for comparison price shopping.  You can buy this 3 year old device and pay more.  Or you can buy directly from Apple and pay more.  But why would you?

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collectorwrote:

@Himi loverwrote:

@Boehm Collector

Yes, I was looking at the specs and the MacBook is definitely better, I just have to ask myself do I want to spend $1200 vs $1000?  I mainly just do email and am on the web. I’m retired. You’ve been so helpful and I appreciate it. Maybe I should just call them. I currently have an HP 15.5 touchscreen. But am having lots of problems with it, bought in 2013. Because I never used it just my mini. I like the Apple format better. Or, do I just get a smaller PC?

@Himi lover .. that is a decision you have to make.  I have a MacBook Pro which I love.  Never had a MacBook Air ... but if all you are going to do is email and search the web the MacBook Air is probably a better fit for you  IMHO. But it's a good idea to contact Apple.  Hope you are happy with whatever you decide.  As far as I am concerned Apple makes the best products.  

@Boehm Collector

ITA about Apple products. There are apps such as Word, called something else at Apple, that I use occasionally. I also think Apple products last longer than a PC. I think you’re right about getting the Mac Air.  Well, I’m not going to decide today. Decided not to get the TSV. 

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover

You have received some excellent suggestions/recommendations from various OPs.  I would like to add if you are concerned about Apple's prices....

Check out Apple's refurbish website.  Excellent deals there, cheaper prices & you still get Apple's standard and/or extended warranty (AppleCare).

When purchasing expensive electronics, you MUST/SOULD research & compare shop.  Also, it helps to read reviews on the product(s) you are interested in.  Especially reviews on manufacturer's customer service.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

@Himi lover

You have received some excellent suggestions/recommendations from various OPs.  I would like to add if you are concerned about Apple's prices....

Check out Apple's refurbish website.  Excellent deals there, cheaper prices & you still get Apple's standard and/or extended warranty (AppleCare).

When purchasing expensive electronics, you MUST/SOULD research & compare shop.  Also, it helps to read reviews on the product(s) you are interested in.  Especially reviews on manufacturer's customer service.

@Mz iMac

Yes, I’ve gotten great advice. Unfortunately, I can’t get to Best Buy today. I’m thinking about going with the Pro Air. I don’t need the more expensive $1200 MacBook. Thanks everyone!  You helped me make a decision.