Super Contributor

Anywear Set of 2 Hands-Free Neck Light with Removable Light

I just ordered these.  Since retiring, 2 years ago, I have taken up cross stitching again. I'm thinking they will come in handy for that plus, I will have a gift for the retired ladies Christmas luncheon/gift exchange this year.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anywear Set of 2 Hands-Free Neck Light with Removable Light

I have a set I purchased last year and love it.  I typically use it for reading in low light areas but have also used it as a flash light in a pinch.  My daughter took the 2nd pair.

Trusted Contributor

@Tuffcookie  These seem like such a great idea.  Dumb ? even though they say 3.3 oz weight is that too heavy for around one's neck?

Honored Contributor

I can imagine how fast you'd burn through batteries while reading a book, doing a hand sewing project, or doing any long-term activity.  Each neck piece will require four AA batteries.  Why in the world didn't they make this thing rechargable?  I suppose it would have been a little more expensive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That company does make the rechargeable kind but they cost twice as much. The batteries are not removable so when the batteries stop recharging then you throw the whole thing away.  The rechargeable kind wouldn't require your to spend your money on batteries but when the juice runs out then you need to wait and recharge again. Sometimes there's no place to recharge. It would be nice to have a removable rechargeable battery pack on hand in that case. All rechargeable batteries need replacing a some point.

Respected Contributor

I could really use something like this, but four AA batteries sounds heavy. Does anyone have this exact set or is it different? 

Super Contributor

I purchased these last October as item #V39406.  I love them!  Since having cataract surgery I found that I needed a bright light for close work/reading.  With this gadget I see perfectly without glasses.  They use two batteries per set (one for each light).  They do use up batteries quickly but I don't mind since they are perfect for my needs.  I do not find them heavy around the neck.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the review...I guess it was t clear that they only use 2 batteries in each set...that would not be too heavy. I guess I will order the ...one for me, and one for DH

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 each neck light requires 2 AA batteries.

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥