Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone who has Barefoot dreams - are they worth the

I impulsed purchased a sweater last year, and even though I like it, I would never pay that kind of price again. Totally not worth it, but I know some women don't mind the price as long as they like it.  I have to justify the value, and there is no way these pieces fall into nice looking outerwear.  Better to wear around the house, but I have plenty of comfortable clothing for that at a much lower price point.  I briefly saw the TSV this morning and really didn't like the style of that, at any price. 

Super Contributor

I have two pieces..the last TSV which was the long cardigan and another shorter Cozychic cardigan. I sized up for the first one and it is actually a bit too big so the second one I purchased in my regular size. Both are of good quality but this line is a bit pricey in my opinion and I would consider more but only at a sale price. Skipping today's TSV as I don't like the hood and it isn't much different than what I have already.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Occasional Contributor

I find they run true to size but are not worth the price. I've ordered two different items and both went back. Wearing it as a robe is the only thing I would do with them. Grossly overpriced.

Respected Contributor

I have one and that is enough for me. Nice and soft. Check Nordstrom's. Prices are lower.

Trusted Contributor

Do these shed a lot?  I purchased a robe and a blanket with a nylon/rayon blend and they both shed so much that I had to throw them out.  Six months after I disposed of them I was still picking up the fuzzies.  Washing did not help.  I don't want to go through that mess again.  Curious to know how these perform.

Respected Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

Do these shed a lot?  I purchased a robe and a blanket with a nylon/rayon blend and they both shed so much that I had to throw them out.  Six months after I disposed of them I was still picking up the fuzzies.  Washing did not help.  I don't want to go through that mess again.  Curious to know how these perform.

@IamDoodles I love BD and have tons of their pieces. Being honest about the shedding, I will no longer buy the cozychic ULTRA lite bc just about every one I've purchased has shed. However, in saying that, I've had no shedding issues with the cozychic lite (same as TSV) or cozychic items.

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why people are willing to pay 80.00 for an acrylic sweater? What am i missing?
Regular Contributor

soft, but do Not hold up, sheds, not worth that much money.

Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@IamDoodles I love BD and have tons of their pieces. Being honest about the shedding, I will no longer buy the cozychic ULTRA lite bc just about every one I've purchased has shed. However, in saying that, I've had no shedding issues with the cozychic lite (same as TSV) or cozychic items.

Thank you for the info.  I'm still thinking about this but it seems like a lot of money for what you get.

Respected Contributor

I own about 10-12 items and LOVE all of them. I even buy them for my young children because they love how comfy and soft they are on Mom!