Valued Contributor

Anyone wear the Lexi TSV hearing aids?

If you use them or have tried the Lexi hearing aids, I'd like to hear your opinions on them. I see they're highly rated on QVC. I also went on youtube. There is a channel called Dr Cliff, AUD. He said they of course aren't as good as prescription hearing aids that have been fitted by an audiologist who uses best practices. However, he said for people who have mild to moderate hearing loss, they were very good for over the counter hearing aids. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone wear the Lexi TSV hearing aids?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

If you use them or have tried the Lexi hearing aids, I'd like to hear your opinions on them. I see they're highly rated on QVC. I also went on youtube. There is a channel called Dr Cliff, AUD. He said they of course aren't as good as prescription hearing aids that have been fitted by an audiologist who uses best practices. However, he said for people who have mild to moderate hearing loss, they were very good for over the counter hearing aids. Thanks!

I am curious too, but rememeber the reviews on QVC are hand picked and actually from the Lexi website NOT QVC CUSTOMERS.

I have hearing aids from a hearing place I bought 8 years ago and were 6,000.00 - I want to upgrade so I can adjust on my phone but scared to buy 1,000.00 hearing aids wondering if they won't be like my current ones, I'll be watching this message to see if any REAL customers chime in.  Thx for posting

Super Contributor

I was considering trying them for my MIL and looked them up on Amazon (whose price is actually a tad lower).  Very mixed reviews.  I will check further.

Honored Contributor

I do not have Lexi. I wear at the present time Philips hearing aids.

I was fitted by an audiologist for my Philips.

Philips has a program to change the settings on my hearing aids on my phone. And with " the self-fitting technology provides users with hundreds of self-tuning options". It sounds like you will be able to fine tune the hearing aids to your comfort level.

Sounds like a win win to me.

Valued Contributor

tessam, be careful buying hearing aids on Amazon. They sell a lot of counterfits. I would rather pay more for them on QVC.

Valued Contributor

I will say upfront I have not tried the Lexi brand, but I have tried this style of hearing aid and would not recommend it. Mine were from Costco and fitted properly, but they kept falling off my ears. If you wear caps or scarves you can bump them and they're gone. I found one on the floor of a retail store, but luckily it wasn't damaged.

Some of us do better with in-the-ear type aids. I know I do. Just a word of caution.

Respected Contributor

Watching Youtube

Know you can't listen to music via bluetooth and such with these.

I like to have bluetooth so I can take phone calls through my hearing aids, with the Lexie you cannot do this.  Glad I watched the Youtube

Respected Contributor

They are probably helpful for some people but not all, of course.  I wonder if they are returnable if the buyer does not like them.  

I listened to the video they showed in which you could listen to sounds with and without the hearing aids.  It was better with them, but it didn't seem great.  

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Kitties ............Of cours Dr. Cliff said they were not as good as a $6,000 pair.  He wants to sell his expensive ones.  Two years ago from an audiologists office the hearing aids ranged from $4,200 to $6,000.  I opted not to buy because of the price.  Maybe if I were younger but at 77 yrs old I felt that price was ridiculous.

I would however consider the TSV.  There has been a increase in these "over the counter" hearing aids which has the expensive "perscription" ones in a tizzy.

If you do buy them, please comeback and let us know how they worked out for you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)