Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have todays TSV the Arlo Pro HD cameras?

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby  Yes, we have the Arlo which I believe is the 780 Pro as we purchased about 9 months ago.  We love it!  It has made us feel more secure about traveling as we have been able to check the house and are notified when anyone approaches the door.  Each time we leave the house the alarm is set and left on motion detection.   The battery life seems to be about every four months, but the front door is on a solar panel that we purchased that is made specifically for the pro so it never has to be changed. We are able to check on who is at the door as well as our puppy to make sure all is well. My husband had added other features:  the lutron caseta lights work with the Arlo...when motion is detected the lights automatically come on.  He also added a garage sensor that detects if the garage door is opened, and if it is it can be closed remotely.   It has given us a sense of security and peace about leaving home...invaluable!  I have no doubts that you will love it.  

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Valstybaby  Yes, we have the Arlo which I believe is the 780 Pro as we purchased about 9 months ago.  We love it!  It has made us feel more secure about traveling as we have been able to check the house and are notified when anyone approaches the door.  Each time we leave the house the alarm is set and left on motion detection.   The battery life seems to be about every four months, but the front door is on a solar panel that we purchased that is made specifically for the pro so it never has to be changed. We are able to check on who is at the door as well as our puppy to make sure all is well. My husband had added other features:  the lutron caseta lights work with the Arlo...when motion is detected the lights automatically come on.  He also added a garage sensor that detects if the garage door is opened, and if it is it can be closed remotely.   It has given us a sense of security and peace about leaving home...invaluable!  I have no doubts that you will love it.  

Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby @Renata22 Our Arlo has two way sound because it is a Pro model.  There is about a second delay in the Arlo voice communication...but it works great!  Apparently there was an older original model (not a Pro) that did not have two way sound.  With our model, you have a choice if you want sound or motion or both for activity detection.  Also we have a six pound puppy that will not set off the motion detector (believe this is for dogs up to 50 pounds so they won't set off a false alarm).  All of our Arlo features are connected to a Samsung Smartthings wifi hub. This allows everything to talk together and notify us and give us  control over lights, garage, and communication on our Apple phones.  When we travel this has been invaluable. Even our thermostat works off this hub. Ours is in white, which matches the house and decor inside.It came with three, but hubby purchased another set of three. Highly recommend.

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Renata22 wrote:

Oh, one more thing. We got another add on arlo with sound and it works great, too. Hope this helps. Have a blessed day.

Thank you. This new one has two way sound.

Respected Contributor

Anyone else?

Super Contributor

I have had the Arlo cameras for a couple of years now.  I have a total of 4 cameras.  I love them!  I have one on the front porch, one in the living room,  one in the kitchen (so I can monitor my littlest dog who stays there when I’m at work), and one facing the car port. It is very hard to learn how to setup “modes” and “schedule” though.  And thereis a longer lagtime than the 3 seconds I heard the presenter state.  It has been my experience that you can have up to a 10 second lag time.  In spite of that, and the terrible customer service Netgear has, I am happy with this camera system for the following reasons:  It is good for outdoor use, it is wireless.  Even I found the initial set-up pretty easy.  Once you finally get thehang of programming it, you won’t forget.  The lithium batteries my cameras use, are a bit pricey and not recharable.  To compensate for this fact.  I make sure my cameras are directed at the exact place I want it to watch.  If the street is showing in the camera view, every time a car goes down the road, it will record and waste valuable battery power.  I like that if I am expecting a delivery, I can schedule the front door camera to record while I’m at work.  I can monitor the package, on my porch, and make sure it stays there until I can get home to retrieve it.  

My favorite use is beig able to watch my little Molly in the kitchen when I’m at work!  The fact that I don’t have to pay a monthly fee is verynice too!

I have to share one of my first uses with the Arlo camera.  I had it programmed to record on the front porch camera when I was at work.  The lady that lived to my right at the time, was recorded walking her 2 dogs in front of my house and letting them do their business!  When I came home at lunch time, I was able to return the “present” to the rightful owner! LOL!

Respected Contributor

@Tuffcookie wrote:

I have had the Arlo cameras for a couple of years now.  I have a total of 4 cameras.  I love them!  I have one on the front porch, one in the living room,  one in the kitchen (so I can monitor my littlest dog who stays there when I’m at work), and one facing the car port. It is very hard to learn how to setup “modes” and “schedule” though.  And thereis a longer lagtime than the 3 seconds I heard the presenter state.  It has been my experience that you can have up to a 10 second lag time.  In spite of that, and the terrible customer service Netgear has, I am happy with this camera system for the following reasons:  It is good for outdoor use, it is wireless.  Even I found the initial set-up pretty easy.  Once you finally get thehang of programming it, you won’t forget.  The lithium batteries my cameras use, are a bit pricey and not recharable.  To compensate for this fact.  I make sure my cameras are directed at the exact place I want it to watch.  If the street is showing in the camera view, every time a car goes down the road, it will record and waste valuable battery power.  I like that if I am expecting a delivery, I can schedule the front door camera to record while I’m at work.  I can monitor the package, on my porch, and make sure it stays there until I can get home to retrieve it.  

My favorite use is beig able to watch my little Molly in the kitchen when I’m at work!  The fact that I don’t have to pay a monthly fee is verynice too!

I have to share one of my first uses with the Arlo camera.  I had it programmed to record on the front porch camera when I was at work.  The lady that lived to my right at the time, was recorded walking her 2 dogs in front of my house and letting them do their business!  When I came home at lunch time, I was able to return the “present” to the rightful owner! LOL!

Thank you. Very informative.

Regular Contributor

I was interested in this product but they seem to be easily stolen. I realize you can attach to a mount but that is just unscrewed. Thoughts? I guess you could go higher on the house.

Occasional Contributor

For the poster who wished they weren't always white:  you can buys skins to cover them and make them black or cammo on the big A site.  

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Renata22 wrote:

We have arlo and love it. Not sure of the specs on ours but we've had it for a few years. When I'm not home and want to see our house, I try the ring first, It usually won't come up, then I go to the trusted arlo. It will always come up for me and works well. You can  zoom and the pic stays clear. We have 2 outside and 2 inside to check on our chi chis. We got this pack up at sam's and I can highly recommend the arlo. Oh, the battery is very long lasting. We have one mounted over the garage and it's a little hard to get to. We don't have to change batteries often at all. Unlike the ring. 

Thank you so much. We now have ADT which we pay monthly and never turn it on for fear of setting it off.

I like that I can turn off the siren.

I use our alarm every time we leave the house, 

Regular Contributor

Yes we've had it two weeks and not completely happy with it.  If you are not using Google Chrome as your browswer you do not get the command bar at the bottom of the LIVE shot on your devices.  So you can't delete, record, hit the alarm, etc.   My Tracfone is connected to Google Play so I have them on phone.  

Ironically I tried to see my front porch this morning and phone prompted.  Arlo is not available now try later.  GREAT!  So if I have our neighborhood stalker at my door we're all trying to help the police catch at this MOMENT.  Good luck GI>

Also the two way talk doesn't work.  I wondered why they didn't test it during the Presentation.  Arlo is not compatible with IPad and iPhones yet.  They knew this problem last year and it still is not resolved.  

It's a good idea but NOT as presented and QVC MUST start looking at all aspects of a product they are selling or they lose their electrlonics customers.   These problems should have been disclosed.  Netgear is letting them down.   I remember one TSV years ago OH ITS WONDERFUL.  Ya well some us never received a shipment and those who did it didn't work.  Never saw them on the Q again.  Nevertheless, QVC has a duty to all of their customer not just those who use the Google connected products.