Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone had the NY bagels ......

@Mumof2 cut or uncut when you put into the oven? And if cut --  please tell me which side up. THANKS!

Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

@Mumof2 cut or uncut when you put into the oven? And if cut --  please tell me which side up. THANKS!

Cut them and cut side up in the oven. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mumof2 wrote:

@Teddixat  I agree.  For those who say they are nothing special are you making them in the toaster?  If you are, then they are nothing special.  You have to put them in the oven at 425 degrees for 6-7 minutes as the directions recommend and they are amazing.  

No, I don't put bagels in a toaster.  gheeze they are bagels, not English muffins.

And I still say these are nothing special; they are just ok.  It's like comparing a frozen Sara Lee pie to one purchased at a made from scratch local bakery.  Acceptable, but not exceptional.  A chacun son gout!!!

Super Contributor

@Solar Is My Name Yes, cut side up in the oven.  

@IamDoodles Sorry, but i'd rather have bagels any day over English muffins.  The bagels have a nice crunch and chewiness to them that I've found that others do not have.  You are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine.  Have a beautiful day.  

Respected Contributor

@tundracat wrote:

I want to like them, but I'm not that fond of them. They're not like the bagels you get from the bagel store. They're ok, but they don't have the right consistency or taste. I wish they did, as they come in a nice assortment. 

Same here.  

Respected Contributor

I will put them in oven and see how they are.  Maybe that will be the difference but for one bagel to heat up the oven is s bit much.

I did not order and still have some left from last order.  I just don't eat that much bread stuff very often. 

I I love the NY bagels  I am in WV and there is no good bagels here, but I have had other New York beagles freshly made and these are excellent.  Leave them in their bags and take one out as you eat them  Either toast them or tear off a piece and enjoy.  Try them  30 day refund. I am so pleased I always have the "Everything" bagel in my freezer

Trusted Contributor

I just finished an everything bagel. I put it whole in the oven for about 7 min. I usually only eat half with cream cheese, but I accidentally finished this one. I do enjoy the splurge of these bagels.

Super Contributor

These bagels are fabulous.  I heat them up at 425 degrees for 8 minutes and they are delightful.

The only problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to change my choice for my next A/D delivery.  QVC said that if you signed up for A/D, you could switch varieties with each shipment if you want.  On my A/D page, I edited the item description and just got the message that it's 'sold out'.  Nowhere can I find a way to change my choice for the next shipment.  I will contact customer service and email Just Bagels if necessary. I started with Core Favorites, but want to try the Sweet bagels next.

Esteemed Contributor

Excellent. My 3rd order is due April 2.