Trusted Contributor

Anyone else returning their Fitbit?

I spent about 4 hrs yesterday downloaded the app on my phone and trying to set up this watch. Starting with having difficulty changing the watchband, progressing through syncing with wifi. I watched utube videos and still got nowhere on the sleep function. It just isn't worth any more of my time. Returning.

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else returning their Fitbit?

I didn't order it because it seemed so overwhelming to me. I want to find a simple one if possible.
I don't blame you for sending it back.
Super Contributor

I haven't decided yet whether or not to return it. I have had the Fitbit Alta HR for several years and liked it a lot. I upgraded to this on because they kept talking about its ability to measure your SpO2. After several hours of trying to set up the watch to do that I found out that it only works if you have the latest upgrade to its software. My app says that I'm up to date. However, on the Fitbit site it says that they are rolling out the SpO2 function and it appears that they haven't gotten to me yet. I like the large face and the always on feature. And, I like that I can read it when I'm outside. That said, I would not have upgraded had I known about the missing functions.

This is irritating to me and I'm weighing whether or not to return it. I feel that this was not explained properly. I have already passed my well functioning and well cared for Alta HR to my 13 year old grandson and if I return this one I'll be without. I use it along with my Cubii and will miss it. I understand that the new AppleWatch is coming out in September. I might just wait and get the new model.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee   mine hasn't arrived (it's nearby according to tracking). But I will give it an hour of messing with it before I use the next minutes to repack it.  Not once did I hear a host or vendor explain setting it up would be at all difficult or require much techie expertise.

Respected Contributor

I gave up on Fitbit a few years ago. Switched to Garmin. 

Respected Contributor

@ChouChou wrote:

I haven't decided yet whether or not to return it. I have had the Fitbit Alta HR for several years and liked it a lot. I upgraded to this on because they kept talking about its ability to measure your SpO2. After several hours of trying to set up the watch to do that I found out that it only works if you have the latest upgrade to its software. My app says that I'm up to date. However, on the Fitbit site it says that they are rolling out the SpO2 function and it appears that they haven't gotten to me yet. I like the large face and the always on feature. And, I like that I can read it when I'm outside. That said, I would not have upgraded had I known about the missing functions.

This is irritating to me and I'm weighing whether or not to return it. I feel that this was not explained properly. I have already passed my well functioning and well cared for Alta HR to my 13 year old grandson and if I return this one I'll be without. I use it along with my Cubii and will miss it. I understand that the new AppleWatch is coming out in September. I might just wait and get the new model.

Hate to tell you but you cannot read the face outside in the sun.

Esteemed Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@ChouChou wrote:

Hate to tell you but you cannot read the face outside in the sun.

You can read in the sunlight. I just tested the watch. I had no trouble setting it up. It was easy. I think it is just a learning curve with all the features.

Honored Contributor

I did not order this Fitbit, but have been a Fitbit user for at least 10 years.  They have excellent customer service, so I suggest that if you have a problem, you contact them directly, even if you didn't buy your device from them.  

they also have user forums, where you can find some useful info. 

I would personally not give up on any electronics device after just an hour, two hours, four, etc.  sometimes, you need to put a little bit of time into learning something new.  

Super Contributor

UPDATE: I have decided to return the Versa2.  I wore it for 5 days/nights and it didn't function properly. I went to the Fitbit forums and was unable to get it working  properly. I called Fitbit and have not heard back from them.  I finally decided to give it up as a lost cause.  I will look at the AppleWatch when the new on comes out.

@ChouChou wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

@ChouChou wrote:

UPDATE: I have decided to return the Versa2.  I wore it for 5 days/nights and it didn't function properly. I went to the Fitbit forums and was unable to get it working  properly. I called Fitbit and have not heard back from them.  I finally decided to give it up as a lost cause.  I will look at the AppleWatch when the new on comes out.

@ChouChou wrote:

What do you mean it didn't function properly? I am wondering what didn't work.