Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone buying the Dooney & Bourke TSV?

Very nice BlingQueen!  An unusual style that I have not seen, and a great size! Enjoy- 💝

Respected Contributor

@maximillian 

I have too many Dooney bags and don't want another.  The Radley line looks very nice.  Do they stand up to wear like Dooneys and are they lighter in weight?  I still have Dooney bags from when they were made here in the US!  The last one I ordered went right back;  it was way too heavy, but it was beautiful.  

Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

@this is my nic 

Radley bags are made with good materials and have good organizational features.  I do have one dislike: they do not include the "key keeper" that almost every Dooney bag has.  However, I seem to adjust once I organize my Radley bag the way I want it.  One good feature about my newer model car is that the key fob can stay in my purse and still open the doors to my car.  My ignition is a push button, so I don't have to get the key out.  I rarely use a house key; I use my garage door opener, drive my car into the attached garage and enter my house from there.  So, I don't really have to get my keys out much anymore.  As far as the durability of Radley bags, I haven't had one for more than a couple of years, so I can't in all fairness compare to Dooney.  As I stated though, the materials are good quality.

Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@maximillian 

I have too many Dooney bags and don't want another.  The Radley line looks very nice.  Do they stand up to wear like Dooneys and are they lighter in weight?  I still have Dooney bags from when they were made here in the US!  The last one I ordered went right back;  it was way too heavy, but it was beautiful.  

Thanks! 

The Radley bags are pretty, and just average in quality. 

You may want to look for D&B canvas and leather bags.

M-Z Wallace sells very nice quality canvas bags online. 

Honored Contributor

have seen some Radley bags in the stores, they don't look as nice IRL and are very stiff.  While that is the look they are going for it's more "stiff and cheap" to me

Honored Contributor

I don't think so! I love the Tangerine and the Yellow and the Burgundy colors, but the bag itself seems kind of stiff and plain.....I am still on the fence, but only because I love those 3 colors, and would get one of them.......But I am leaning toward No. 

Respected Contributor

No.

Trusted Contributor

No.

Valued Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

No, I'm done with D&B, I just got a beautiful back pack from FRYE on sale and if I buy bags it's going to be from FRYE from now on. The leather is fabulous.

They sell Frye and Dooney both at HomeGoods. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe they'll have Anniversary pricing on other bags.  But don't get too excited; if they do, they will be close-outs available elsewhere (ILD) for less.

The TSV doesn't interest me in the least.